• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

**concerned about Oscar**

Sorry I don't know if this is in the right section but im in a bit of a panic.
I noticed Oscar laying down a lot yesterday. I thought nothing of it but then noticed he would lay down then get up then lay down but don't know whether this was because in was in the room or not. His nose was moving fairly quickly which worried me. But then he'd be hoping about and go back to the hutch for a lay down. I gave him his pellets which he'd usually come straight for but he left them and just stayed layed down, he had eaten them by this morning and I thought he was ok.
But tonight I brought him up to my room for him to have a bit of an explore. He has hopping about quite happily and then went to lay down in his litter tray.
b6638c7c.jpg

a8712d41.jpg

I know about rabbits flopping but have never experienced it myself, also he seemed to be breathing fast again but then slowed down. I'm a bit concerned or is he just behaving normally?
I put him back in his room and he layer out in his hutch straight away. I'm really concerned but iv never had a bun indoors before so am I just being silly or is something wrong with him?

The shifting uncomfortably, refusing food and lying in unusual positions suggests to me that he may possibly have a gut problem.

Is he pooing? Is he still refusing food at the moment? If so he may need to see the emergency vet :(

He pooing but he is eating food as he ate all his pellets last night and has been eating hay he's also weeing normally just laying down a lot

Last edited:
I would keep a close eye on him, but it's possible he is still adapting to his new environment and is a bit hot. Try not to let him know you are anxious as some sensitive buns tend to pick up on our feelings.

I would keep a close eye on him, but it's possible he is still adapting to his new environment and is a bit hot. Try not to let him know you are anxious as some sensitive buns tend to pick up on our feelings.

Thanks iv just been ready through it and think Iam over exaggerating slightly at least I hope Iam
Il keep a close eye on him and if he doesn't improve il take him to the vets

Back