• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oscar Guinea pigs story

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
We got Oscar from P@H, all his mates were sold, but no one would bubuy him because he was white with red eyes!

having had a previous piggie Basil who was also white with red eyes, I know that they are just as cute as other colours!

Oscar was/is human phobic:roll::lol: you had to handle him with gloves on! or he would have your fingers off!! He never ever squeeked tho!

I then got another male pair loral and hardy! Loral was a terminal piggy and died about 2 weeks ago!

I've always wanted to get oscar a friend, but really didnt know how he would react! what with him biting everything and anything!

But I was feeling brave so I put him and Hardy together!!

It's the best desicion I have ever made

Oscar and Hardy are such good buddies and now Oscar copies Hardy and squeeeeks his little head off whenever you go in the room!!

He seems sooo much happier, and you can stroke him! not quite able to pick him up without a bite, but hopefully in the future I will be able to!

431720_3290714225335_1192116864_3451828_1049195722_n.jpg

427534_3290716825400_1192116864_3451829_1152445651_n.jpg

xx

:love: Aww this is a lovely story you must be so pleased that Oscar is happier and it's great that he's now got a friend and is more handable. He is gorgeous, I can't believe nobody would want him, I love white furries with pink eyes I have a soft spot for them. Nose rubs to Oscar and Hardy :wave: xx

:love: Aww this is a lovely story you must be so pleased that Oscar is happier and it's great that he's now got a friend and is more handable. He is gorgeous, I can't believe nobody would want him, I love white furries with pink eyes I have a soft spot for them. Nose rubs to Oscar and Hardy :wave: xx

I am so glad :)

nose rubs with garden gloves on! :lol::lol:

Yep. REW = red eyed white. Bunnies and guineas of this colouring are often overlooked. I don't understand why myself, but most rescues have a large proportion of them available for adoption.

Yep. REW = red eyed white. Bunnies and guineas of this colouring are often overlooked. I don't understand why myself, but most rescues have a large proportion of them available for adoption.

I just don't understand why they are overlooked I think they are the most adorable. I don't have any REW's at the moment but If I were to see any in rescues then I would definitely consider giving them a home. It's so sad that people just go on looks and they don't care about anything else, I wonder what it is that puts them off. I once over heard a lady in p@h say that REW's were vicious and looked evil - grrr it made me made to hear that!!..all bunnies are beautiful to me. x

A sad beginning and a happy ending! Yaaaay.:thumb:

I've never been bothered about REW'S. I always think that they look as if they have little jewels for their eyes. Absolutely adorable.:love::love:

Back