• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit insurance

i just insured my 2 yesterday. with petplan. its about £22 per month for both. but i wish id got mine earlier.:roll:

Am looking at pets at home at the moment. £6.23 a month for one. Cant see where to put the 2nd rabbits details in....

You would probably be best to compare what PetPlan offers compared with Pets at Home. There are lots of threads on here about insurance.

Neither of my rabbits are insured as they are too old to have a new policy taken out. I've worked out that the cheapest insurance would have cost me is £260.90 in the 4.5 years I've had Roly and he's only ever had one GA to have his tear ducts flushed which was less than the excess.

Honey has never had any problems aside from a recurrant gut problem which all insurance companies would refuse to pay out for anyway.

I'm lucky in that I have a good relationship with my vet who is very honest and is happy for me to buy supplies of meds for Honey to treat her gut problems at home. Since we started doing this we've not required any vet treatment for it due to catching it very early and treating it. The cost of the meds would also be less than the excess for insurance.

If they need treatment for anything else then I can afford to pay it thankfully.

I sorted out the insurance for my two a couple of days ago, paid the full year in advance, because Bf was paying half so we could afford to do it right now, rather than thinking about a DD every month. We went with Petplan, because we heard lots of good things about them.

Insurance is a hard one - you never know if you are going to need it. Its only now that my rabbit needs tests and I wish I'd had it!!

For sure!!! Both mine have been insured since 8wks old...now Jay over 4yrs old!!

I wouldn't be without it!!!Harley cost £900.00 plus last year wheen ill and so far I've spent £1000 odd pounds on both, not including swindons bill of £775!!!

Petplan are a god send!!!!

X

Have mines insured with petplan they are fab they paid all of Finley's bills direct to the vet Evan will also be getting insured with pet plan

All mine are insured with pet plan and to be honest it's been worth every penny I pay and they also pay the vet directly 

Back