• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits who live on roundabouts

Vita

Mama Doe
Does anyone know much about them?

I saw some today - three big healthy looking wildies grazing on a very large wooded roundabout near an out of town industrial estate. I'm not sure if anyone would have studied this sort of thing, but I wondered if such buns tend to spend their whole lives on the one roundabout, or if their territory is across a few of them and they run across the roads (possibly at night when it's quieter) to get to others.

I used to live in Milton Keynes, where loads of roundabouts seemed to have a rabbit population! I sometimes wondered if they had a network of tunnels underneath :lol:

There was a mention of this in a back issue of the RWA magazine, I think. Apparently the rabbits get enough liquid from the dew to survive. :?

It seems to be a favorite place for bunnies. I've seen bunnies on the roundabout just off the M20 in Kent at the junction you'd use to go to Brands Hatch& in the middle of a roundabout not far from the lakeside shopping centre in Essex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/gloucestershire/content/articles/2009/04/09/barnwood_bunnies_feature.shtml

The one by the petrol garage? I've seen them there too. On the main road up to Brands, if you go at the right time there are laods lining the sides of the road.

There are some gorgeous wildies and a black bunny who have lived together for many years on a roundabout just outside the town.

I don't know if they ever venture much further away, but they seem very contented with where they are.:D

Back