• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Longest living Rabbit

Irishmeat

Young Bun
who on here has had the oldest rabbit. please reply with the age of your longest living bunnies people. pictures of them in their old age also welcome

Oldest Bun

My oldest bun was almost 10 when he passed, but my friend had a wee nethy who lived until the ripe old age of 12 and a half!

We have Humphrey who is 11 years old and Lily who we estimate to be between 9-11 years. Heather her companion is about the same. Herman is estimated to be 9 years and Frank is 9.5 years. Bruce is also 9 years old and we have a lot between 6 and 8 years :D

Ruffles was 13

P1010018-1.jpg

My oldest at the moment is Miss Bunny Penny who is 11

017.jpg

My Tubby was 8 weeks shy of 12 when he died. Sweep was just over 9.

My 'old man' now is 6.

I had a boy bun, Bran, who was between 12 and 13 when he died. At present oldest is another male George who is at least 9

Our bridge bunny Biscuit was an adult when the RPSCA found her, they had her nearly 3 years, we had her 5 and half years so she was at least 9 which for a french/german cross lop we were told was a great age, we lost her when her back legs just gave up, metacam etc just wasnt enough anymore:cry:

Longest living rabbit

I had Rolo:) a dutch cross boy who was 15 when he passed:(also had Ruby Tuesday (yellow dutch) who was 12:( Bucky:)my first bunny who was 11 :(
I am sure there was someone who used to be on here Toby whose bunny wa about 18:)

My oldest ever was an english cross buck; he was a silver agouti who moved over the years from Fred the Grey to Fred the white.
He was 13 1/2 when I had to have him put down. He had a slow growing cancer from 12 and survived an op on his head to remove a benign tumour that could have been caught scampering under the sofa - that scar earnt him the name of Freddiegruger but that did not effect his quality of life but it suddenly went absolutely rogue and it was not fair to let him suffer.

Tizz is fairly old at 10 now and aprat from arthritis giving her times of the twinging screws is still carefully hoping and exploring my home.
Both live/d in my home as house buns.

I would love for my rabbits to live til old age. So far only Sooty has been oldish, she was 8 when she died. My other 2 were only 3.

I lost my boy Houdini last year at 12.5. Him and his brother (who died a few years before him) were my first bunnies. I didn't know half of what I do now and didn't do everything right but they only went to the vet's for vaccs and he was pretty happy up until his last days. Just goes to show that a bit of common sense and spacious accomodation goes a long way. (And hay.) My only regret is not getting him another friend. I thought with his brother passing, he would only live a little longer... anyway, he was a loved bun.
img_9994_pp.jpg

This is him a year before he died. So at 11.5 :D

I had Rolo:) a dutch cross boy who was 15 when he passed:(also had Ruby Tuesday (yellow dutch) who was 12:( Bucky:)my first bunny who was 11 :(
I am sure there was someone who used to be on here Toby whose bunny wa about 18:)

yes it was toby, whose owner now runs the golden bunnies forum

Back