• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wilkinsons Bottle Cover for Classic Crystal Deluxe

I don't know exactly what you mean, but a lot of the bottle covers are ineffective because they do nothing to insulate the spout. It can't hurt to use one, but it's best to have some spare bottles anyway so you can just switch them over if they're frozen.

I don't know exactly what you mean, but a lot of the bottle covers are ineffective because they do nothing to insulate the spout. It can't hurt to use one, but it's best to have some spare bottles anyway so you can just switch them over if they're frozen.

Thanks, just as I said, does this particular brand of bottle cover protect the water inside the bottle from freezing atall?

this one?
It's better than nothing and will delay the freezing process a little bit but in the end they are always going to freeze if it's -5 degrees.

Thanks, just as I said, does this particular brand of bottle cover protect the water inside the bottle from freezing atall?

Sorry, when I said I don't know exactly what you mean I meant I hadn't looked at that particular brand, but assumed it was similar to others available.
As stator said, it will keep the water in the bottle a little warmer so will delay the freezing process a fraction, but like I said before the spout will still freeze, so even if the water inside the bottles is liquid the rabbits won't be able to drink it. You'd still need to switch the bottle over.

Back