• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay indoors.

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
I keep my bale of hay indoors.
Its in a duvet cover, but it got damp outside and stuff, so I now keep it indoors but it dries out more.

Will this be ok?? Im sure it wont be any problem.Its just alot crunchier!!

Ta.

Ours is kept indoors. Until I can find a suitable bunny friendly storage box for the shed to keep it in.

Doesn't bother the girls - they just eat it. Don't seem to have raised picky buns luckily :lol:

I don't know abut nutrient wise though... (does hay have nutrients? :roll: )

My only concern with too much hay indoors would be fire risk or attracting mice and things.

I keep mine in the garage in a cardboard box and it seems to do pretty well. The garage is nice and cool so it stops the hay from drying out but it stops it from getting damp too :D

Yes, hay has essential nutrients for rabbits. Its better kept dry than damp Yvette so don't stress!

Our bale is in a duvet cover in the spare bedroom as well :D We don't have a garage and if we kept it in the summerhouse I think the mice would eat it before the bunnies!

I keep mine in the garage in a cardboard box and it seems to do pretty well. The garage is nice and cool so it stops the hay from drying out but it stops it from getting damp too :D

:thumb: This is what I do. It is either in a plastic bag then the cardboard box or a plastic storage box depending how much I have at the time. It keeps nice.

Mine is kept in my upstairs cupboard in the hessian / polyprop sacks that it comes in. I have always kept my hay indoors, works fine for me.

Back