• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fay Not Eating - Update: Poorly again. U/D She's gone.

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Fay wasnt interested in coming for her pellets at all this evening. Went out to feed Fay at 6.45pm and she didnt come for pellets at all, just sat hunched in the corner in the "mother hen" position. Normally they are dashing around, eager to be fed. Fay is our "tubbiest" rabbit (she wont appreciate me saying that :oops:) and is so into her food and hay, so thisis very unlike her. Tried tempting her with carrots, kale, and thyme but no interest at all.

OH has taken her to the vets.

She has only ever been like this once before, I really hope she hasnt been in pain all day as we've both been out today and hadnt checked on them since this morning :(

Last edited:
Thank you for the vibes. She has been admitted to the vets as they said she has a slight amount of gas/bloat so they want to keep an eye on her. She has had the usual meds - metoclop, zantac (and pain relief, cant remember if it was metacam or vetergesic). Hope it soon passes for her. Poor Miss Fay :(

Loads of vibes!! We went through something similar a couple of days ago with Chinook; the liveliest of the lot but suddenly she didn't want to eat. An overnight stay at the vets and she was fine.

You got her to the vets as soon as possible, I'm sure she will be fine :D Let us know how she gets on, I'll be thinking of her! x

Thanks all.

Loads of vibes!! We went through something similar a couple of days ago with Chinook; the liveliest of the lot but suddenly she didn't want to eat. An overnight stay at the vets and she was fine.

You got her to the vets as soon as possible, I'm sure she will be fine :D Let us know how she gets on, I'll be thinking of her! x

Thank you, I hope so. She is our 'strongest' bunny so its worrying to see her poorly. We can ring at 10 for an update.

Sorry that Chinook was poorly but glad to hear she is all better now :D

Sorry to hear about Fay Helen! I was in the vets on Saturday with Lilly as she had bloat as well, similar really, eating in the morning and by 4pm refusing food and looking decidely unhappy. Thankfully we caught it early and withing 48 hours was back to normal. Had to have her in the house though because of the cold weather so don't know when we will be able to put them out again.. they are both making themselves very much at home!!

Loads of vibes for a quick recovery for Fay... you know where I am if you need to talk xxx

Sorry to hear about Fay Helen! I was in the vets on Saturday with Lilly as she had bloat as well, similar really, eating in the morning and by 4pm refusing food and looking decidely unhappy. Thankfully we caught it early and withing 48 hours was back to normal. Had to have her in the house though because of the cold weather so don't know when we will be able to put them out again.. they are both making themselves very much at home!!

Loads of vibes for a quick recovery for Fay... you know where I am if you need to talk xxx

Thanks very much for all the vibes. Sorry to hear about Lilly being poorly too. I wonder if its the time of year - changing light levels of spring or something? I am glad she is better now & I bet they are loving being indoors (hope you are resisting their cute bunny faces when they beg for treats!:lol:).

We can ring at 10pm so will see how she is doing. They will have got used to being in the warm of the vets, so I dont know what to do when they can come home - they are outdoors buns, and its tricky because of Kenco's urinating problems, so not sure what we will do, as its set to stay very cold overnight for a little while longer isnt it. They could go in the kitchen if need be with puppy pads and towels for Kenco.

Thanks very much for all the vibes. Sorry to hear about Lilly being poorly too. I wonder if its the time of year - changing light levels of spring or something? I am glad she is better now & I bet they are loving being indoors (hope you are resisting their cute bunny faces when they beg for treats!:lol:).

We can ring at 10pm so will see how she is doing. They will have got used to being in the warm of the vets, so I dont know what to do when they can come home - they are outdoors buns, and its tricky because of Kenco's urinating problems, so not sure what we will do, as its set to stay very cold overnight for a little while longer isnt it. They could go in the kitchen if need be with puppy pads and towels for Kenco.

Fingers crossed you will get good news at 10!! It's a problem isnt it bringing them inside. We don't have the urinating problems but the house isn't bunny proof so we have got boards and panels up all over the lounge and dining room to keep them from harm! It looks like a bombs hit it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fingers crossed you will get good news at 10!! It's a problem isnt it bringing them inside. We don't have the urinating problems but the house isn't bunny proof so we have got boards and panels up all over the lounge and dining room to keep them from harm! It looks like a bombs hit it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Norty bunnies! ;) Oh dear...sounds like they are keeping you busy!

Vets have said Fay is looking brighter in herself, and took lots of syringe food, but not eaten anything for herself yet. Will ring again in the morning. We forgot to ask if she had pooped or not so will ask in the morning. Thanks for the vibes.

Oh that's good news that she is taking the syringe food. It was quite hard getting the recovery food into Lilly, she would take only so much and then just spit it out.. she liked the baby food though so I figured that was better than nothing! The first thing she ate for herself was plantain, followed by hay and then finally she went back to eating the pellets and veg... now there is no stopping her!

You will have to come and visit while they are still indoors!! We are due a get together anyway x

Let me know how Fay is in the morning, thinking about you and Colin and Kenco xx

Loads of vibes for Fay, Teddy came home yesterday after being in the vets since Sunday night with stasis, it's so terribly worrying :cry::cry::cry: He's still a long way from his usual self but his eating is definitely picking up now, and he's done a couple of happy flops tonight :D Hope you get a good update next time you call.

Back