• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit Savvy vet neaded in Cornwall.

ChristyRose

Alpha Buck
Does anyone know of a rabbit savvy vet in mid Cornwall? I have a rabbit who is having breathing problems and losing weight.

Thanks Jacks Jane. The Cornwall Vetinary Hospital is in New York :shock: Bit far to go but thanks anyway. My vet rang back and spoke to my son and has suggested giving her an X ray. I've got to ring back tomorrow. Will ring rosevean vets tomorrow for some advice. Thanks all.

Thanks Jacks Jane. The Cornwall Vetinary Hospital is in New York :shock: Bit far to go but thanks anyway. My vet rang back and spoke to my son and has suggested giving her an X ray. I've got to ring back tomorrow. Will ring rosevean vets tomorrow for some advice. Thanks all.

Bet Devon doesn't feel so far away now :lol:

Oops !!

Try Penmellyn vetinary group in St Columb - if at all possible go with James. He's not a rabbit expert but is better than most vets I know. They have the best facilities there too.

Have been waiting all day for my vet to ring back. So I rang again to be told he isnt working this afternoon!! Why didnt they tell me that this morning. Absolutely useless. :evil: Wish I was a vet!! Then I could diagnose her myself. Have been told its going to cost over £110 for an x ray and then more for blood tests. I was told to ring back next week!!

Is she ok?? Can you get to Newton Abbot?? There is a fab vet there....Ian Sayers.Top Bunny man..and a bit of a dish too!!

hehe. No I need a referrel from my vet and I havnt been able to get hold of him today!! Cant see him till Monday now. Talking about x raying her now. I think she should have had blood tests by now. Someone told me on here that you can get a blood test that will pick up something to show if they have an allergy.
Shes picked up abit since she had the steroid injection yesterday. Just worried that shes losing weight but shes eating fine.

Thanks Stator. My vets do a Saturday clinic aswell. Shes had another steroid injection yesterday, so shes stable again. She really needs to have tests done which will have to wait till Monday. I wish I'd asked for tests to be done 6 weeks ago!! I suppose that is something I have learnt!! She had seemed so much better these past few weeks. I didnt think she would lose weight so quickly.

Back