• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Advise needed urgently

not sure if anyone remembers by story about my 1st suprise litter, well anyway one of the males was being a pain so dad moved him to a cage on his todd, however over night tried to escape upwards got his head trapped and think he's been this way over night ... i feel terrible, any who brought him in as dad said he was paralyzed in his bk feet n twisted :(

so anyway i dont know what's best like i said he's in house in a crate eating and drinking pooing and weeing his neck is twisted to one side and one leg seems to be less mobile but he moved it and his other 1 is just like the rest , still running away from me in a fashion i just dont want to give him the death penelty too soon ......

You need to take him to a rabbit savvy vet ASAP, like now. At the very least he will be in pain and it's not fair to leave him in pain. A rabbit savvy vet can assess his injuries and work out what is best for him.

He needs to see a vet. Did you actually find him with his head trapped? As EC can cause those sort of symptoms.

it is hard but when my bun was poorly i had to take time off work even though my employer was not happy about it,if you have pets you have to make sacrifices for them good luck

Please bear in mind also that if he is fighting for his life then do not end it before he would wish it (although of course listen to him if he is in pain and needs help to 'go') Sky O had a thread about advocating for your rabbit . .

Also if his injuries mean he can live 'happily' but will be 'special needs' and may be beyond what you and your family could cope with - there may be a sanctuary that could take him.

aw poor bun, I have no advice but just hope you can get him to the vet as soon as you can as he must be in terrible pain.

Hope he is ok and please keep us updated

Back