• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Prices

pink.falling.stars

Warren Scout
Im pricing up things for my first bun, hopefully can get one or maybe two in April. Im thinking to rehome from the rescue, but im not sure how much to donate? ive been looking at a few buns (which are gawjus), i know they would be gone by April. £45-55 just for one bun (ouch), but coming to think about it they will be worth every penny :) Then im thinking C&C/NIC cages which arent that much of a price and food, toys, hay etc and good for the price. and defo gonna get insurance!

Remember from a reputable rescue they will be spayed/neutered and vaccinated. If you bought a baby from a pet shop or a breeder you would need to do all that yourself, and that would come out as a lot more expense than adopting from a rescue. All rescues will ask for a different donation and it won't be about making a profit (like a breeder or a pet shop) it will be about just covering some of the cost of having the bunny in their care.

£45 might seem a lot but thye are usually spayed etc :)
I didn't think the RSPCA rehomed single bunnies unless they're to be bonded, unless I'm reading your post wrong :lol:

Donation wise, as much as you can :D :wave:

http://flashsplace.webs.com/accommodation.htm This link is about accommodation but further down the page there is a table that compares buying from a petshop/breeder and adopting from the rescue I volunteer with (but bear in mind different rescues do different things so you will have to check it out, but equally, it might give you some perspective) :)

howmuch.jpg

http://flashsplace.webs.com/accommodation.htm This link is about accommodation but further down the page there is a table that compares buying from a petshop/breeder and adopting from the rescue I volunteer with (but bear in mind different rescues do different things so you will have to check it out, but equally, it might give you some perspective) :)

now i see that it looks so much better :) its just at first i wanted one bun but i think im better getting two buns really :) just got wait til i move in with my boyfriend (end of next month) and wait for the landlord to agree with house buns *fingers crossed* has im defo going to get bun(nies) from a rescue, i'll get a letter confirming that i can have bun(nies) :) do people change the bun's name from the rescue or do they keep them? x

£45 might seem a lot but thye are usually spayed etc :)
I didn't think the RSPCA rehomed single bunnies unless they're to be bonded, unless I'm reading your post wrong :lol:

Donation wise, as much as you can :D :wave:

yeah i know :) i was thinking bonded bun not sure yet got to talk to my boyfriend and he's housemate etc.

Remember from a reputable rescue they will be spayed/neutered and vaccinated. If you bought a baby from a pet shop or a breeder you would need to do all that yourself, and that would come out as a lot more expense than adopting from a rescue. All rescues will ask for a different donation and it won't be about making a profit (like a breeder or a pet shop) it will be about just covering some of the cost of having the bunny in their care.

yeah, i would rather pay money to a rescue then a breeder/a pet shop :) x

now i see that it looks so much better :) its just at first i wanted one bun but i think im better getting two buns really :) just got wait til i move in with my boyfriend (end of next month) and wait for the landlord to agree with house buns *fingers crossed* has im defo going to get bun(nies) from a rescue, i'll get a letter confirming that i can have bun(nies) :) do people change the bun's name from the rescue or do they keep them? x

It's totally up to the people adopting them. Some people like to change them, some like to keep them the same. :)

I have 4 single bunnies, and feel awful for it. But Leo and Poppy will be bonded in 3 weeks and Lola is being spayed next Friday to be bonded with Donny. I'm dreading it.. Donny and Lola are both garden centre rejects, I couldn't say no to them otherwise it would have been more rabbits in rescues and Donny was going to be put down! :(

If I didn't have Lola (same circumstance) then I would have taken him to a rescue to be bonded. If they don't bond then I will do that for both of them :) I just couldn't leave them. And I still had to pay £15 for them :roll: My sisters friends dad owns the garden centre, and seems to be a heartless bottom 'ole .. :evil:

Poppy came from someone at my dads work, I have no idea where she was from lol.. accidental litter I imagine. Her mom and her are the only remaining. She was the only girl, the boys all died in their first winter :( (when we had her it was snow, thunder, you name it) and her dad had myxi a few years ago :( and Leo was obviously unexpected :lol:

Last edited:
Personally I think adoption from a rescue will save you a small fortune in the long run and your initial outlay will be less as if you bought from a breeder you'd pay about £20 for each bun, £50-80 for spay/neuter, around £20 for their vaccines and they'd both need 2, myxi and vhd, it soon makes £45 for adoption seem like a bargain lol

As for NIC/C&C i've never bought them but there's loads of threads about them on here and some amazing set-ups using them! I get a bale of meadow hay a month from a local farm for £3.50 (total bargain imo). I buy 1 bag of burgess excel pellets about every 6 months for about £16 (they only get an egg cup full each a day so it lasts a while). I spend about £10 a week on fresh greens and dried forage and I set aside £10 a month for toys and rotate them regularly so they don't get bored. The insurance is £17 a month for them both.

All in all I don't think my monthly outlay is too bad. But my start up costs when I first got Bambi were huge (got her from a breeder :shock:) I had to pay all of the above costs plus buying a shed, run, food, toys, snugglesafes, cleaning things. She was worth every penny though! And Harley and Quinn will get the benefit of it all when they move outside in the spring!

Good luck becoming a bunny mummy, and I look forward to seeing photos!

Personally I think adoption from a rescue will save you a small fortune in the long run and your initial outlay will be less as if you bought from a breeder you'd pay about £20 for each bun, £50-80 for spay/neuter, around £20 for their vaccines and they'd both need 2, myxi and vhd, it soon makes £45 for adoption seem like a bargain lol

As for NIC/C&C i've never bought them but there's loads of threads about them on here and some amazing set-ups using them! I get a bale of meadow hay a month from a local farm for £3.50 (total bargain imo). I buy 1 bag of burgess excel pellets about every 6 months for about £16 (they only get an egg cup full each a day so it lasts a while). I spend about £10 a week on fresh greens and dried forage and I set aside £10 a month for toys and rotate them regularly so they don't get bored. The insurance is £17 a month for them both.

All in all I don't think my monthly outlay is too bad. But my start up costs when I first got Bambi were huge (got her from a breeder :shock:) I had to pay all of the above costs plus buying a shed, run, food, toys, snugglesafes, cleaning things. She was worth every penny though! And Harley and Quinn will get the benefit of it all when they move outside in the spring!

Good luck becoming a bunny mummy, and I look forward to seeing photos!

Thank you! :D this was so useful :) its not that dear when i look at it tbh :) but i think the buns will be worth every penny like you said :) also it's my birthday at the end of the money so im thinking to put the money aside for the buns and the set-ups :) soo *fingers crossed* the landlords agrees. of course i'll be putting images up! im a Photography student i'll be photographing them every day :p x

I have 4 single bunnies, and feel awful for it. But Leo and Poppy will be bonded in 3 weeks and Lola is being spayed next Friday to be bonded with Donny. I'm dreading it.. Donny and Lola are both garden centre rejects, I couldn't say no to them otherwise it would have been more rabbits in rescues and Donny was going to be put down! :(

If I didn't have Lola (same circumstance) then I would have taken him to a rescue to be bonded. If they don't bond then I will do that for both of them :) I just couldn't leave them. And I still had to pay £15 for them :roll: My sisters friends dad owns the garden centre, and seems to be a heartless bottom 'ole .. :evil:

Poppy came from someone at my dads work, I have no idea where she was from lol.. accidental litter I imagine. Her mom and her are the only remaining. She was the only girl, the boys all died in their first winter :( (when we had her it was snow, thunder, you name it) and her dad had myxi a few years ago :( and Leo was obviously unexpected :lol:

awwwh. your bunnies are gawjus, thats sad ): x

Back