• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not 'Just A Rabbit'...R.I.P.

Lobo

Mama Doe
We found out today that on Tuesday the mother of our brother and sister bonded pair Milo and Niamh was put to sleep from what seems most likely to have been uterine cancer. When she and her male partner were discovered living in a deceased estate by our friends, they were half-starved and in terrible physical condition. Through lots of care and good food they recovered but were not neutered and had two litters before being separated.

I only met this lovely girl a few times but was very taken with how protective she was of all her kits. It was as though she was determined they should not experience the deprivation she had known. To we few who knew you "Mum" you were never 'just a rabbit' as others said, but a devoted mother to all your kits.:love:

Sleep peacefully in the knowledge that at least Milo and Niamh will never be exposed to the hardships you knew.:(

That is sad.:cry:

Rest easy now little one.

And we all know that they are never, ever 'just a rabbit.'

They are wonderful, magical, endearing and the most charming little animals.

Sorry to hear such sad news.

Take care. x

Thank you.

She really was a sweetie. Milo not only looks very much like his mother but also seems to have inherited much of her nature. He is very protective and respectful of his little sister.:love:

Thank you.

She really was a sweetie. Milo not only looks very much like his mother but also seems to have inherited much of her nature. He is very protective and respectful of his little sister.:love:

I love to hear of these types of behavioural characteristics in animals.
I often think that much human behaviour toward fellow humans in the UK has gone off track. It is as if even the animals are showing us a contructive way of behaving towards each other if we're going to survive difficult times.

Sweet dreams special girl. Have fun at the bridge safe in the knowledge that your kits are well loved and cared for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back