• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2012- worst year of my life.

i havn't been on here for ages, or posted anything.

but ive been getting back into it the past few days.

i had high hopes for 2012, i was going to sort my life out. and make something of myself.
it was going to be a good year for me.

but instead, its the worst year of my life.

on january 20th after weeks off illness, about 20 blood tests, scans and x-rays.. my dad got diagnosed with cancer.
i spent every second i could at the hospital watching him slowley diteriorate.
until sunday the 29th of january at 5am when he passed away.

9 days.
9 days, from finding out he had cancer to him passing.

started in his lungs, spread to his liver, up into his bones in his back and finally into his brain.

how do you even come to terms with your dad having cancer in 9days, let alone say goodbye to him.
my dad was an amazing man, truley selfless and inspirational in every way.
it doesn't quite seem real yet, i mean i know hes gone, i said goodbye... but i still keep expecting him to walk in the door.

the funeral is on friday the 10th of feb.
maybe it will seem real then.

i have to keep reminding myself of all the memories we did share, of all the things he did see and i got to share with him, and sling to the fact hes not in pain anymore.

but it's hard, im constantly thinking of everything he wont be around for, for every life changing moment where a girl needs her daddy.
he wont watch me grow up into a women,
he wont see my do something with my life and get the dream job he so desperatly wanted for me.
he wont walk me down the isle, or hold his grandkids in his arms.

and then just stupid things that i used to take for granted like eating dinner round the table, watching corrie on the telle.
i would give my life to spend just one more day with him.

but i promied him id be strong for my mum, mentally and financially.
and i told him i would make him proud.

i miss you dad, more than words can describe.

:cry: I am so sorry. Your post almost had me in tears, I can't imagine what you must be going through. :cry:

I am so sorry about your dad, how tragic. Such a shock for you and your family. I no there is little consolation but at least he didn't suffer.

Hope you are getting support from your family.

Oh I'm so terribly sorry. My Dad has lymphona and that was a shock in itself but to also lose your Dad so quickly. I'm so so sorry.

(((Hugs)))

I'm so, so sorry honey. My OH's dad died just after George was born, ten weeks after diagnosis. It's heartbreaking. My great uncle and mum's cousin's husband had brain cancer, it's so heart breaking as it robs the patients dignity. I'm here for you, only a pm away xxx

I am so very sorry. I am thinking of you and yours and wishing you strength to get through this terrible time. Hugs to you. Xxx

I am so sorry hun. We lost of Nana last year and I was devastated. I did the same thinking about all the things she wouldn't be there for. It's so hard but it does get easier in time.

I am so, so sorry. Losing your dad is so hard. I know how you feel, but I am still lost for words. :cry:

I am so sorry. Im not even sure what to say. My thoughts are with you and your family at this most sad & testing time.x.x.

What a devastating loss for you and your family. I cannot imagine the pain you are suffering right now. Your Dad sounds like he was a wonderful man.

I'm so sorry. The pain feels like it's unbearble but you just have to get through it.....there's nothing you can do. Please look after yourself, I know you said you have to be strong for your family but you have to think of your self.
All my love and support for you and your family
xxxx

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Sending you and your family warmth and love.

This is going to be a very tough time for you all.

Take care. x

Back