• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sapphire and Rupert

Kavanne

Mama Doe
Hello

I never got a chance to do an introduction before Humphrey :( It's taken me over a week to stop being so on edge about Rupert joining us and Sapphire not becoming ill but finally getting there... I try not to be nervous/sad around them as I know they are very sensitive to our feelings too.

Born on 19 November, these two chunkers now weigh 1.7 and 2.6kg. I love them and think rabbits are definitely the best companions a person can have!

We had a bit of a hiccup with Rupert deciding my bed was his territory and him peeing all over it (£20 spent at the laundry cleaning duvets...) but after 2 nights in bunny prison (confined to hutch and run only!), he has got the point. He's now back out bouncing around my bedroom freely now.

Saph is very relaxed and will flop at the drop of a hat, especially after I've arrived home from a long day of work and she's happy to see me. Rupert's favourite toys are his grass jingly ball and toilet roll middles. Rupert eats a lot and poos a lot which is very reassuring considering what Humphrey went through.

Here's an album of some pics and videos I've taken of them from bonding at the weekend to now: http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab80/Talyad/Rupert and Sapphire/

I know I am probably not very popular already but know that I genuinely thought Humphrey was improving but I now know that baytril wasn't as good as the other antibiotic suggested and cylap is not a good VHD vaccine... I know ignorance is not an excuse but I do love my bunnies and I will make sure I thoroughly research any drugs before allowing my vet to give it to them! We are also registered with Twickenham vets and are going in for a check up and for Rupert's VHD on Saturday morning :) Yippeee

Nose boops for all!

gorgeous! and dont worry-ive been guilty of being nieve when it comes to rabbit care. we just have to learn from our mistakes all the best with your fluffs!:wave:

We had a little trippy to the vet today (Twickenham vets, very nice!) and Ru is ready for the snip. They'll be going in on Tuesday morning so I hope all goes well :)

In the meantime, this is what happens when you spend the day binkying too hard:

3d200ec2.jpg

Hello and welcome...
Love your little cuddlebuns. It is a tough life binkying around all day they ook like they needed a well earned rest :love:

Back