• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

insurance update p8

lucy24

Mama Doe
right so im still not decided on insurance. ive already had problems with honeys nose. the vet thinks it was hay up the nose and possibly infection due to that. if this is still classed as a previous conndition what do you think would be excluded in the policy? would it be anyting to do with her nose in the future? charlies been sneezing to but vet cant find anyting wrong so what would that come under?

does anyone use p@h insurance? are they good?

sorry for the questions:oops:

Last edited:
Buckley has anything nose and throat related excluded. Because he had snuffles. Which I think is bloody ridiculous because if he got something like bunny throat cancer (god forbid) it'd probably be excluded **eyeroll**that said it's still worth getting. We had a 400 pound vet bill for an infected joint, and thanks to pet plan we only had to pay 55 quid of it. In that one condition the yearly cost for insurance has already paid for itself.

My buns are insured with P@H and they seem good so far...I am waiting to hear the outcome of my first claim with them at the moment!

Petplan for me all he way, having paid out thousands on our last bun who was dreadfully poorly I vowed never to take the risk again. With a nightly stay at the vets costing as much as a London hotel, these charges soon rack up ! Choose soon and get covered straight away, most policies exclude the first 14 days or more.

Yep, the sooner the better. We've picked up Ted from the vets tonight after 3 nights in with stasis. The bill was just over £1000 - and we'll only have to pay £55 of this. I would never be without it (we're with Petplan and they've been excellent so far). Cost us £23 a month to insure both bunnies.

They will put a general exclusion on the policy to begin with. However if you get your vet to send off the notes relating to the case and a statement about what they think caused it they will sometimes remove exclusions from the policy. So if the vet says it was hay stuck up there, I see no reason why they wouldn't remove it. That's PetPlan anyway, I don't know if P@H do something similar.

thanks everyone. ive just got to make up my mind now on which to go for:roll: my last rabbit cosy me 500 in gut problems alone so i know i need to get things sorted.:wave:

Back