• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

itsssss freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing ....

-4 last night. Wasn't expecting it until I checked the weather yesterday afternoon. It is going to be very sunny today here though :)

We have been defrosting ours most days for the past week, some of them have been freezing as soon as we put them back out. Surprisingly today 6 weren't frozen :D But forecast minus 10 on saturday!

wasn't as bad as expected here - they said -8 on the weather last night, but only -3 when we got up this morning. glad to get rid of the snow though as the school run has been a bit slidey the past few mornings!! :?

I've just been out to sweep the runs but it was really pointless as everything was frozen to the ground!!! :roll:

I feel for everybody with multiple bunnies in this weather; you must feel like you're on a constant cycle of filling up frozen water bowls. :roll:

I changed the buns' water at about 5pm yesterday and it was frozen by 10pm (I'd have checked earlier but I didn't expect it to freeze that early on in the night :oops::(); surprisingly though it didn't re-freeze overnight.

I've just been out to sweep the runs but it was really pointless as everything was frozen to the ground!!! :roll:

:lol::lol::lol: I sprayed cleaner on the bunnies' litter tray yesterday and it froze. :shock::shock:

-7 here last night, one bowl had frozen but it was exposed but I completely cover the top bunks at night and water doesn't freeze. Mind you as the water is so cold I do treat them both to some warm water throughout the day and they love it

I can't tell you how glad I am to have heating in my bunny sheds - especially for the oldies who seem to really appreciate it. Even Pea and Pod have been found hunkered down in their shed lately. They're usually out in all weathers :roll:.

No sympathy for any of you ;) Its been around -20 here every night, offen more. During the day its rarely getting above -12 or 13. It got to -9 today which was a vast improvement.

Thank god my buns are indoors and my place stays cosy. My friend has chickens and has had to bring them in to her kitchen, says theyre pooing everywhere :shock::lol:

No sympathy for any of you ;) Its been around -20 here every night, offen more. During the day its rarely getting above -12 or 13. It got to -9 today which was a vast improvement.

Thank god my buns are indoors and my place stays cosy. My friend has chickens and has had to bring them in to her kitchen, says theyre pooing everywhere :shock::lol:

Wow! That's cold! and what's a bit of chicken poo between friends :lol::lol::lol:

Frozen bottles here too this morning - I just bring all 11 of them in, put them all along the radiator and put another 11 out. By the time the new lot have frozen the first lot on the radiator have defrosted - works well so far :lol::lol:

I've been lucky - I have plastic bowls in sleeping compartments of hutches & the playhouse has water "blocked" in & away from drafts & so far - they haven't frozen inside. As far as bottles are concerned, I just carry the spares out, hook 'em, up & put the frozen ones in the sink until they defrost:oops:

Back