• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gonna take scooter to vets.

shadow05

Mama Doe
hes okay but i figure he hasnt been in since he was neutered and now that im working he shud go in reguarly so im gonna take him in get him looked at get him some flea and worming treatment for first time. then on his next visit after that im going to see about him getting vaccinated i wud do it while im there but i dont wanna stress him out to much. plus it can wiat for now he doesnt go out and i dont get enough time to go anywhere lol :D

i think ill do that next week when i get paid and then after that i can start saving up my money for emergencys and also to get my room sorted out as well.

In all honesty, you'd be better off not wasting your money on the flea/worming treatments if he's not displaying any signs of having them and having him vaccinated instead.

I agree with Graham....no need for flea treatment, and if you wanna worm Scooter then just buy a tube of Panacur, no need for a vet visit for that. I would just go for the vaccinations, bunnies need them even if they are indoors.

if i did that id only have enough to get him done for one and i think im only going to get him done with one of them any way. ill probably go for the more likley one. i know wat my vets are like they will probably say that hed only need one and tht would probs be myxi. im more worried about his check up really. i mean hes 2 years old now which isnt that old but its older than my other pets and i guess im scared that i might end up jynxing him. i know it sounds silly but shortly after paddy turned 2 he got ill badly and hes never been ill in his life.

i mean scooters kept well and im always making sure that hes warm and has enough room to run around and he is actually let out during the day to explore my room although he just has a little run when u let him out and then goes to his favourite sleepy place and stays there for most of the day.

i know at the moment that i havent been spending much time with him but because of my hours i know im only working between 16 and 25 hrs but its normally them hours spread through the week and its making it hard to do much of anything. he gets really excited when he see me coming in to my bedroom. he starts running around and binkying lol :) its nice to have a good welcome home lol :D

You can only have one done at a time anyway. Have myxi done first, then VHD a few weeks later.

I would never stress my rabbits by taking them for a 'checkup' unless there was a reason for that checkup in my mind.

It's good Scooter is keeping well. :D

Most vets include a basic check over of the bunny in with the price of their regular vaccinations. Maybe you should ask about this?

You don't need to flea him if he doesn't have any fleas, that's just putting chemicals on him unnecessarily and it's a waste of money anyways.

2 is a YOUNG age for a bunny!! Whether he's older than any pet you've owned he's still incredibly young! :wave:

You say time and time again that you're going to take him to the vet to be vaccinated/checked up, but it never happens. You say you're saving up, but it's been months and months since you started saving. Perhaps it's time to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk, for Scooters sake. :)

2 is a YOUNG age for a bunny!! Whether he's older than any pet you've owned he's still incredibly young! :wave:

You say time and time again that you're going to take him to the vet to be vaccinated/checked up, but it never happens. You say you're saving up, but it's been months and months since you started saving. Perhaps it's time to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk, for Scooters sake. :)

:love::thumb:

It really is in his best interests to be vac.... because it will be him who suffers if anything happens and you will have to stand by and watch it knowing it could have been avoided if you got him vac... I would hate to see that happen to you both

Jut speaking from experience of my own bunnies but I always ensure they are up to date with their vaccinations. There are times, even in the winter that I have been biten by a mozzie even indoors so I wouldn't want to take the risk with the buns.

We have never needed to de-flea them. The only time I've ever wormed one of them was when we knew Sprocket was infested with pinworms (and then it was obvious from his poos that he had a worm problem). Unless Scooter is showing any signs then I would save your money for the vaccine.:thumb:

I was just thinking today :shock:
I had not seen any posts from you for a while, though I could have just missed them:oops:
Its good to hear of scooter:wave:
I would definintly go for Vhd & myxi vaccs before flea treatment:)
Hope you are enjoying your job... As best as one can enjoy a job:?:)

Back