• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My needles didn't arrive, advice please :)

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I'm having a right time with these injections. :roll:
I have two needles left. Injections were due yesterday. My new needles were supposed to come today so I waited from them. But they didn't arrive.
I like to draw up with one needle and then swap to another to give the injection.
Should I draw up and inject with the same needle today (1 day late) or see if the new needles arrive tomorrow (2 days late)?

Grim is on injections for life for snuffles. Smoo is on a 6 week course for jaw abscesses (which is working, they're very small now).

I should have rung my vet earlier. :roll:

I would; draw up with one needle. Remove needle. Draw up some water in a different syringe, attach needle and flush it through with the water, then re-attach it to the med syringes and give the meds. If that makes sense, I probably wouldnt go more than 24 hours late without giving the meds. i can send you some needles if you like but I only have orange needles and you will probably get yours by the time they arrive!

I would; draw up with one needle. Remove needle. Draw up some water in a different syringe, attach needle and flush it through with the water, then re-attach it to the med syringes and give the meds. If that makes sense, I probably wouldnt go more than 24 hours late without giving the meds. i can send you some needles if you like but I only have orange needles and you will probably get yours by the time they arrive!

Thank you for the thought though. :wave:
And for the advice.

Back