• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House make over fans!

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from my other thread, for those interested, here are some before, during & after shots :wave:

When the sitting room & bedrooms are done I'll add those here too :wave:

Kitchen3.jpg

Kitchenbackwindow.jpg

Cromwell003.jpg

Kitchen2.jpg

kitchen1-1.jpg

Cromwell005.jpg

Kitchen1.jpg

Kitchenfireplace2.jpg

Kitchenfrontwindow.jpg

Cromwell001.jpg

Bathroom1.jpg

bath1.jpg

Cromwell007.jpg

Bathroom2.jpg

bath2.jpg

Cromwell008.jpg

Amazing! What a lot of work you've done - you must be very proud.

I am to be honest :oops: and its only by looking back through these photo's that you realise just how much has been done. When it's all nice and clean and sparkly it's easy to forget how horrible it was and the layers of brick dust, mud and grime that had to be sucked out of the place :lol: I can't wait to do the finishing touches & 'dress' it ready for selling :love:

Wow, it looks lovely :love: You've done a brilliant job, sounds like a great project :D

You have done a great job, will you be doing it all again somewhere else when you sell?

I hope you make a nice profit and that the new buyers are happy in their new home, with me and my pets squatting lol

You have done a great job, will you be doing it all again somewhere else when you sell?

I hope you make a nice profit and that the new buyers are happy in their new home, with me and my pets squatting lol

We're planning that the next one will be for us to live in :love:

Oh I absolutely love decorating/fix up threads. You have done a fantastic job. I love the before and after pics. I really love the farm house sink and tub.

I am to be honest :oops: and its only by looking back through these photo's that you realise just how much has been done. When it's all nice and clean and sparkly it's easy to forget how horrible it was and the layers of brick dust, mud and grime that had to be sucked out of the place :lol: I can't wait to do the finishing touches & 'dress' it ready for selling :love:
The thang is, you've not only done all the hard work but you've had the vision and classy eye to do it really well. All your proportions work - and people often get that wrong. It's lovely. And as someone who's done something similar (though not with the "listed" challenges) I really understand and respect what you've gone through! and achieved.

Last edited:
The thang is, you've not only done all the hard work but you've had the vision and classy eye to do it really well. All your proportions work - and people often get that wrong. It's lovely. And as someone who's done something similar (though not with the "listed" challenges) I really understand and respect what you've gone through! and achieved.

Wow :oops: Thank you :oops::D

Thank you for sharing the photos. You have done fantastically well. I love the end result. We have just completed something similar on our house with all the Grade II Listing challenges as well :lol: The before and after photos are always great to look at.

Did you find anything interesting or historic as you went along? We found newspaper from 1947 stuffed around one of the windows to keep out the draughts!

You're welcome :D

Yes we found some newspaper, I think it was from the 1970's so not as early as yours! We also found half a belfast sink in one of the walls (which are cob) :shock: and various bits of crockery and glass. We also have a cannon ball.... ;)

Wow, that's really gorgeous! Modern enough but also with nice older touches like the stable door in the kitchen and the little nook in the bathroom! Really gorgeous :love:

Wow, that's really gorgeous! Modern enough but also with nice older touches like the stable door in the kitchen and the little nook in the bathroom! Really gorgeous :love:

Thank you :D We've kept as much as we could that was old/useful/practical. The stable door was already there and the little nook in the bathroom was the soot box for the original chimney (the flu went up, around a corner and out on an adjacent wall!). I was very insistent that it stayed as a feature and so it's been lined and is now a useful little cupboard :D

Back