• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to put in a digging box?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Having seen how much Tango enjoyed digging in the snow, I'd like to get them something to dig in. I've meshed the floor in the run so no more digging there!

What is the best way to do this do you think? It would need to go outside in the run, so needs to be weather proof. Also preferably something that Tango isn't inclined to pick up and throw around the run, as he tends to enjoy doing with their giant plant pot :roll::lol:

Has anyone found any good things to use for this?

I'd just use topsoil. Get a dog bath and fill it about 1/3 or 1/2 full and most of it should stay inside.

I've just bought a large round fairly shallow planter from Poundstretcher (£1.99) for my buns - I have another similar with soil in - they all love digging in there - this one I might put a big wad of hay in and put it under a small plastic child's garden table which they sit under like a gazebo - it keeps the rain off them too

i got a big under bed storage box for about £4 and filled it with compost.. they loved it but i forgot to put drainage holes in so the first heavy rain filled it.. lesson learnt!

i took it out over winter but am going to put a few herbs and some grass in it for spring. they won't last long but it will keep them happy for a while.

We were given an old heavy pot belfast sink so i filled it with soil, the rabbits love to dig all the soil out for me to sweep it back in:evil: but they are cute so are forgiven:lol:

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm on a tight budget this month so I may make a trip to wilkos. Good tip about drainage holes!

buddy using ours :love:

animals019.jpg

animals018.jpg

Back