• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found a myxi bunny :( how best to disinfect mysxelf now?

Dandelion22

Warren Scout
Found a myxi bunny on the main road by my house.. a wildie. It was obviously suffering and confused. I know my local vets are very nice so i gave them a ring and took it in to be pts.

I know, a lot of people would say its just a wild rabbit but I am soft and cant bear to anything suffering. Also, I would not be able to "dispatch" it myself.

So, poor bun is out of its misery at least.

Now, I'm a bit worried about disinfecting myself to protect my buns (who are outside, and I've not been out to them yet).

My OH brought me a bowl which he emptied 2 dettol spray bottles into. I dipped my boots and all my clothes in it (the neighbours must think ive lost it) and then put everything i was wearing in the washing machine, then had a shower and then washed myself down with hibiscrub too, just to be safe!

will that do....? ive also sprayed everything i touched with dettol (luckily id bought loads at the wholesalers!!)

would really appreciate some feedback before I go out to my boys (they are vaccinated of course)

Thanks

It sounds like you've been very thorough :thumb:

And well done for taking care of the wildie, I hate to see wild myxi buns :(

Myxi already:censored:

Some of my (vacs) buns have had myxi - I have a lot of buns so i was very worried about infecting the rest - however I think it's only spread by bodily fluids (blood/discharge etc) so if you have changed your clothes & washed you should be good to go

Back