• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's six months today since Artie's Nephrectomy

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Six months since all the agony of the kidney stones and then the kidney removal.

It was a pure hell to go through , for both of us.

So, I woke this morning and my first port of call is to visit Artie, who is usually snoozing under his shelf... as per normal on seeing my feet he dashes out to greet me, I hear buzzing a split second before the bunney emerges and does laps round my feet, then parks himself on my feet while I cuddle him. :love::love:

Just before it was discovered that he had kidney stones his vet commented on how happy she was with him and how well he looked (reference to his ongoing bladder issues), so we now have a very superstitious habit of not saying it, she has shushed me if I try to say it :lol: Sooo, just to say - he's had a wonderful six months (with two blips, gut and bladder associated) and this morning he's a very happy little rabbit :love::love:

Awwwww, I'm glad he's so full of life. :p:D I can't believe it's been 6 mths already.

That's great news - its amazing what some animals get through. Artie must have had a strong will to keep going, and its great to hear that he sounds positively spoiled!

Thanks everybody :love::love:

Awwwww, I'm glad he's so full of life. :p:D I can't believe it's been 6 mths already.

I can't believe it's six months either. I was watching his every move for the first 2 months, looking for clues to pain (that I'd missed before the kidney stone got stuck in transit).

That's great news - its amazing what some animals get through. Artie must have had a strong will to keep going, and its great to hear that he sounds positively spoiled!

I genuinely think that because Artie is happy and we have such a strong bond he wanted to get better and knew how much I wanted him home. I'm sure that got him through 2 major surgeries in less than a month (as well as top class nursing of course). He was licking my arms on the vet's table when he was given back to me after a week I think that will always be my most special moment in rabbit ownership. :love::love:

Back