• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO: Fluffers and other nosey people.....Poppy Pusskin

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
Well...we've decided on a name. Not sure why, but Poppy kept coming back, and just seems to suit her, so Poppy Pusskin it is! :) Not overly original, as we were looking for, but she doesn't seem too worried about that! ;)

58d7cffd.jpg

d84e7912.jpg

3fbd17fa.jpg

And a video. Please ignore the conversation I was having with Ol.....that boy never stops talking....even in his sleep! :lol::lol: She was being utterly adorable though, so I had to put it up.

I think it's safe to say she's settled in....!

Brilliant, she is gorgeous! :love: Have you had any litter tray problems with her?

Absolutely none. I can't believe she's never used one before and took to it so well. She's so clean and spends an incredibly long time covering her "business" after doing it. I've had to move the tray a few times and it's not been an issue. (So odd, as if you give my mum's cat, Solomon, a tray he'll refuse point blank to use it.) She was obviously meant to be a house cat. She's shown no interest in going outside yet (not that I'd let her yet), but I guess that might change come spring.

When we first got her she was very nervous about being on the bed, as the duvet wasn't a stable surface, and she'd had limited experience of beds. She now sleeps on the bed all day, and some of the night (in between running around like a mad cat! :lol:)

Aww and she was going to be pts for the lack of a litter tray :evil: So glad she's with you and living the comfy lifestyle she was obviously destined for. :love: Well done Fluffers for putting in the effort for this little girl she's certainly landed on all 4 paws with Ali :thumb:

Aww and she was going to be pts for the lack of a litter tray :evil: So glad she's with you and living the comfy lifestyle she was obviously destined for. :love: Well done Fluffers for putting in the effort for this little girl she's certainly landed on all 4 paws with Ali :thumb:

I don't think it would have come to that. It was the idea that if she won't go outside then there's something wrong with her, and if there's something wrong then an animal should be put to sleep. (Farming mentality.)

She doesn't want to be a farm cat, and I'm quite happy for her to steal the duvet. :lol:

Oh Ali that video is just utterly adorable :love::love: Oly is just lovely and lovely with Poppy too!

Love the 'good boy' 'good girl' bit :lol::lol:

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm made up :love::love:

I don't think it would have come to that. It was the idea that if she won't go outside then there's something wrong with her, and if there's something wrong then an animal should be put to sleep. (Farming mentality.)

She doesn't want to be a farm cat, and I'm quite happy for her to steal the duvet. :lol:

You can tell I'm a city girl, my duvet is always open (well to furry creatures anyway) :lol::lol:

You're right Ali and although her owner did mention PTS in the beginning and I was genuinely concerned that this could happen, I think this would have been unlikely. Re-homing her asap was the best thing that could have happened for her and just look at her now! Talk about a pampered puss! Love the name Poppy too :love:

Oh Ali that video is just utterly adorable :love::love: Oly is just lovely and lovely with Poppy too!

Love the 'good boy' 'good girl' bit :lol::lol:

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm made up :love::love:

:lol::lol::lol: He finds gender tricky...!

He's very gentle with her, if a little loud when he enters the room sometimes, but she's got used to him now. The only problem now is Howard......he's decided that he's terrified :roll: and will bark at her (and any other cat) when he sees her. Not such a problem at the moment as she's upstairs and he's not allowed upstairs, but I'd like her to use the whole house when she's comfortable, so we're going to have to work on him.

(I say terrified. He barks until he/she is removed (or she leaves the room) and then is completely normal. ....jealousy? (I think he's nervous because she's swiped at him when he got too close, and so is telling her to leave him alone....loudly...!)

Thanks Ali, I'm just thrilled that I could help and it's so rewarding to see her so happy in her five star forever home :love:

She is beautiful (I do have a particuilar soft spot for Torties). How could anyone 'let her go'?

Back