• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please may Benjie have good wishes for tomorrow?

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
As above. Benjie has been smitten with a sudden & severe outbreak of testosterone since his plums dropped a week ago.
The spraying just meant I was smelly & had more washing than usual, but he's obsessed with "it" & any part of me he can reach & also off his food a bit. :oops::oops: I feel so sorry for the poor fella; he's so driven.
He's having an urgent visit to the plum fairy tomorrow.
The main reason why I'm concerned is that he only recovered from 2 abscesses & snuffles a week ago. I'd hoped I could give him more chance to recover before his immune system was compromised by more stress. Finger's crossed the snuffles/abcess don't rear their ugly head again.

Sending lots of vibes for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you too. I know it is a routine op for boys, but I was beside myself when Spenser was done last year. :oops: xxx

Lots of vibes for tomorrow, I think you are right to have him done now, I am sure he will be fine.

Thank you so much everyone.
I started him on a drop of aqueous echinacea & goldenseal daily 3 days ago, to protect his immune stystem from the effects of stress, but all went pear shaped over the w/e.
I can't even stroke him, or go up/down the stairs without Benjie attaching himself to me!
I think he'll feel relieved too. Can't be pleasant for him being "rejected by me" all the time either.:cry:
Must remember to ask for plenty of metacam for after.

The really good thing is that he's been gaining weight at 0.2 Kgm./week, & his muscles have filled out nicely. His tummy is in perfect condition too.:)

Benjie would say a big thank you if he could. They'll be starting now.
It only occurred to me today that's he's got a wonderful temperament. Despite the raging hormones there hasn't been a whisper of aggression towards me.

Back