• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you consider yourself a good rabbit owner?

rachylou

Warren Veteran
I think I am, I love my babies so much and I think I give them everything they need and I dont think they want for anything.

I do my best!

I'd really love for them to have more space though. I'm working on securing the garden or building a giant fence out of the old metal runs so that they can free-range on my days off :)

Yes I like to think so, I love Oscar with all my heart and always strive to be the best bunny mummy i can and to give him everything he needs

I do. But then again I also worry. I'm lucky that Frodo is a healthy boy - only once have I had to rush him to the vet when he got a hay seed stuck in his eye - I worry about if I would be able to spot the early signs of more common illnesses ie stasis. But then again I think that that maybe a sign that maybe I am a good owner :)

worrying about our

i'd like to think so. i don't consider myself an expert by any means but i do my best for them and they want for nothing. i feel this way about all my animals :D i think they fact that we are all in a community on this site speaks for itself.... we are pretty bunny nutty aint we?! ;) :lol:

xxx

Sort of... :?

I think they get more attention from me in spring, summer, & Autumn......feel a bit guilty thru the colder months tho :cry:
[outside buns]

I love them zillions tho :love::love::love:

No, I dont consider myself a good rabbit owner, just one that wants to try and do the very best for them and loves them with all her heart, but that doesnt make me good at it! It's been an eye opening experience and a steep learning curve. In fact I still dont think I've made it to the bottom rung!! There are several things I've done wrong and would do differently with hindsight.

No and I wouldn't trust someone who thought they were

I think it depends how you define 'good'. If by good you mean someone who tries their best for their buns and gives them everything they can to provide a great quality of life, I'd say great. If you mean someone who thinks they know all about rabbits and there's no room for improvement, then I'd agree, I wouldn't trust them either.

There's so much to learn! :lol:

I'd like to think so - except I would like to get them a playhouse before next winter (better for them and for me).
This forum has certainly helped me.

Well I do my best, and that is all that I can do. My Inca is a special needs bun and I don't think that there are many people out there that could / would provide her with the care that I do (cleaning, meds, vets, acupuncture).

And, on a side note, rachylou it is really nice for you to have a positive thread where you realise how fab you are and what fab care you give your bunnies!

Well I do my best, and that is all that I can do. My Inca is a special needs bun and I don't think that there are many people out there that could / would provide her with the care that I do (cleaning, meds, vets, acupuncture).

And, on a side note, rachylou it is really nice for you to have a positive thread where you realise how fab you are and what fab care you give your bunnies!

:thumb:

I think im a good owner in that I give them the best life I possibly can. I love them beyond belief and their needs always come before mine. The only thing is I wish they had abit more space and perhaps a garden to play in during the summer. and I wish I had the time to bond them all as a quad. But I think the fact that I aspire to those things and am always looking for ways to make their lives better makes me a good rabbit owner.

I do but I feel can always improve. I don't think I need to improve in terms of love and affection or dedication but rather in what I can offer rabbits in terms of space and stimulation.

:wave: Absolutely agree with this. If cleaning out an ear abscess daily for 15 months and having another rabbit on permanent medication for the past 4 years does not make me a "good" rabbit owner, well I feel like I should give up then.

I have had rabbits for 10 years now and have an open mind and am always receptive to new ideas on all aspects of their care.

I consider myself a work in progress in that respect, but my rabbits will always have clean housing, lots of space, good, nutritious food with the occasional treats and most imprtantly: lots of love :love:

Thankyou! :love:

Not at the moment really!:roll:

Not untill I get a nice big kennel for them and have the quad bonded, then everyone will be happy and have the right space etc x

Back