• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dont Underestimate Dental Pain in Rabbits

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
This thread is just to remind people how important pain relief is for Rabbits with Dental problems. It seems that some Vets still fail to prescribe it or under dose what they do prescribe.

At the risk of being accused of anthropomorphism I know first hand the effects of chronic Dental/jaw pain. It really can be unbearable and the thought of a Rabbit suffering in such a way is just too awful :cry: We all know how Rabbits do their best to hide the fact that they are in pain, but that does not mean they do not feel it.

So please make sure that your Vet ALWAYS keeps good pain relief at the forefront of his/her mind when treating your Rabbit's Dental problems ( and any other condition where pain is going to be a factor )

Just because a Rabbit does not howl, growl or meow does NOT mean that they do not feel pain.

:thumb:

Exactly how I felt when I had my issues. Ill never ever forget that pain.

Thankfully my vet is hit on his pain relief so mine never went without. I can only think those people who don't ensure their rabbit gets adequate pain relief are those who have no idea what it is like to have dental pain themselves. I cant imagine anyone who has been through it themself and cares for their bunny would allow them to suffer.

Back