• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Ted's been admitted u/d p124 - THEY'RE COMING HOME!!!

martlou

Warren Veteran
On Friday I took Little Ted to the vet as his right eye was a bit inflamed and his tummy was a bit upset. He got Zantac syrup for his tummy to be given twice a day and Fucithalmic cream for his eye. Since then his eye has improved and by mid morning yesterday he was eating normally and had done a lovely big pile of hay poos. He's continued to be fine until 7pm this evening when he stopped eating and was up and down, lying down in odd positions and just generally looking uncomfortable. We booked him in to out of hours vet, took him down and they've admitted him :cry:. The vet said he was very gassy and no bowel sounds and she was a bit worried about him :cry:. He's had Metacam, Metaclop and Vetergesic to be repeated in 6 hours.

She obviously knew (or at least seems to know) what she's doing but we've had to bring Rosie home as she said they wouldn't know which bunny was eating or pooing if they kept them together. I'm a bit worried about this as they haven't been separated before and I think Teddy will feel a bit lost and bewildered without her. Also he went downhill so quickly (there were only 2 hours between him not eating / shuffling about) to being admitted and his system having shut down). We are so, so worried about our little boy :cry::cry::cry:

Lots of vibes for Teddy please. We have to phone at 11.30pm for an update.

Last edited:
Lots of vibes for him

Are they giving him fluid therapy too, either sub/cut or IV ? It really can make a tremendous difference

Sending vibes for little ted, sub-cut fluids do make a big difference, my bun benji had them when he wasnt eating and he picked up soo fast!

Oh no how awful it must be so worrying especially as you've had to seperate them I really hope he's better soon

Ruthie xxx

Hi all, I've just rung and spoken to vet, he hasn't eaten or poo'd yet and will be going on IV fluids shortly. She did say she was happy the pain relief was working though and that his abdomen was less tender and he seemed a lot more comfortable in himself. His meds are to be repeated at 3am and we are to call back again at 7am.

Thanks all, keep sending the vibes please.

It sounds like he is in good hands and making a little progress. Keeping up vibes for him, and thinking of you all. xxx

Back