• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I tried to rescue a bunny today...

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
but couldn't quite catch it :oops:

OH and I saw a HUGE bun sat in the middle of the snow, in a huge field, right by the dual carriageway. I panicked, thought it was a domestic because of how big it was and made OH drive past again. Certain it was domestic, we drove to the farm shop round the corner to grab some veg to entice the bun.

OH then dropped me off at the side of the carriageway and off I trundled in the snow to try and find the bun, in my ballet pumps, in 7 inches of snow - no socks!

Followed the MASSIVE paw prints in the snow and suddenly saw two ears ***** up. Bun started running faster than I've ever seen any bun run. Within seconds, it was in the next field.

Embarassed, I trecked back to the car in my soaking wet jeans and frozen, sockless feet.

Why was I embarassed? Because it turned out, I'd trundled through a snowy field to try and catch a hare!!!!!!!!!

:oops::oops::oops:

Atleast I can go to bed tonight safe in the knowledge that I at least went back to see... Even if it meant making a fool of myself in front of every driver who went past me...

Bless you, you'd have had to run some to catch it. At least you stopped though, you'd no doubt have had a sleepless night had you not.

well done for trying when you weren't sure. :D:thumb:
must have been a funny sight though :you puffing through deep snow in ballet pumps to "rescue a hare"!;) sorry couldn't help :lol: even though you were trying to do good.:)

well done for trying when you weren't sure. :D:thumb:
must have been a funny sight though :you puffing through deep snow in ballet pumps to "rescue a hare"!;) sorry couldn't help :lol: even though you were trying to do good.:)

OH was in stitches!!!! He told me in the beginning that he thought it was a hare.

I've never seen a hare in real life though so couldn't be sure.

I laughed out loud when I realised... Never felt like such a nugget! Poor hare, sat there enjoying some nicely chilled grass and suddenly a 4"11 woman in silly shoes comes along to try and catch you! I bet he laughed all the way to the other field...

OH was in stitches!!!! He told me in the beginning that he thought it was a hare.

I've never seen a hare in real life though so couldn't be sure.

I laughed out loud when I realised... Never felt like such a nugget! Poor hare, sat there enjoying some nicely chilled grass and suddenly a 4"11 woman in silly shoes comes along to try and catch you! I bet he laughed all the way to the other field...
sorry but :lol: and im sure he did...;)

:D Well your heart was in the right place & you've got some extra veg for your buns.

Back