• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoors or outdoors?

Would oscar be happier indoors or outdoors he seems to prefer being indoors when iv brought him in to explore before. He has a 6x4 shed with a 8x4 aviary run. He is a single bun now and has health problems. My bedrooms only small but he could have the run of the huge kitchen when I'm at home. He's litter trained. My only worry is during the day he's in my room while im at school I think it's about 12/11 by 9 can't remember which. Just wondered which you think is best for him ?

ive had no experience with buns myself but i do think it would be a bit of a waste taking him out of his lovely shed and run. besides he proberbly enjoys the fresh air and it's more natural for him
but as he's going to have an op i would prehaps keep him inside so you can keep an eye on him more easily also you can bond and enjoy watching him even more! =)

I'd probably bring him indoors I think, as long as he can have a good amount of space. Your bedroom sounds fine, to put your mind at rest about the size (you seem worried its not big enough) why dont you measure the actual floor space he'll have permenant access to, as in space not covered by furniture. I imagine he will have at least 24sqft of space, so the same as his shed, probably more.

Bear in mind you'll have to properly bunny-proof your room if you want to have him free-range in there 24/7, how much you have to do will depend on whether he's a chewer or not!

Personally, I'd bring him indoors, as he'll get so much more company inside. If/when he is well enough to have his operation and perhaps get a friend, then you could always move him outdoors again if you want, so I'd keep the shed+run anyway, you may want to use it for the daytime when you're at school when its warmer as well.

Last edited:
Back