• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't know if i want another bun...

reehsetin

Warren Scout
Background - My first bun Marley died in dec 09 just a few weeks with us, still don't know the exact cause, it was heartbreaking... after a few months time healed things and I got Mj who's the cheeky munchkin in my signature, I then read about how it would be best for him to have company so I got Kushi about 5 months ago and they were the perfect pair but I lost Kushi last week, the vets say it was a problem with her gut that she was born with but I was so worried that I'd done something wrong

Now I have just Mj to think about again and I don't know what to do, I want him to have company but after losing two buns in such a short space of time and so young it feels like our house is where bunnies come to die and I can't cope with bringing another bun in and loosing them :( everyone else I know who has buns they've only died after years and years just don't know what to do help

Oh, you poor thing, I know only too well what its like to lose bunnies. Our first one was a house bun, he was like our real baby, he loved us as much as we loved him, thats Bungle in my avatar. He died on the operating table when we thought we were doing the right thing and getting him nutered.

We also lost Emily last year from stasis, I think we let her eat too much new spring grass. It is heart breaking. I thought we would not get any more but Muffin was so lonely without her, that we even more heart breaking to watch.

In the end we got Tango and Muffin is really very happy with her, I am always finding the snuggled together.

I know its hard but I just cant bare to watch them suffer alone. I did it for Muffin, not for me.

Im sorry, I dont know your bun, is he indoors or out? If he is in with you its not too bad if he is single but if he is an outdoor bun, please think about getting him another friend, they really do grieve and feel lonely.

Im sorry for the loss of Kushi xxx

So sorry for your losses, I know how heartbreaking it is (our Ted is in with the emergency vet right now, it's terrifying). But, I'm sure you've just been unlucky, after all MJ is still going strong. If your bunny seems lonely then I think it's the right thing to do to get a friend, we have to be strong for them as they can't find their own friend. But I appreciate how hard it is :cry:

He is an indoor bun but we both work full time so not like we're around all day. Its odd he's been so excitable thus week, think maybe because she's not here he's getting really excited when we see him but in a way at least if he was miserable we would know we have to do something about it

So sorry for your losses, I know how heartbreaking it is (our Ted is in with the emergency vet right now, it's terrifying). But, I'm sure you've just been unlucky, after all MJ is still going strong. If your bunny seems lonely then I think it's the right thing to do to get a friend, we have to be strong for them as they can't find their own friend. But I appreciate how hard it is :cry:

I hope Ted is OK!

Back