• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/D photos of black wildie. Lovely morning watching the 3 wildies

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
I have loads of photos which I hope to put up in a few days. My friends OH said some bloke up the road was breeding either wildies, or wildies and domestic rabbits, then eventually let them go. He isn't sure why.

If they have been free for months I assume its unlikely any were domestic.

Can't say they are in my friends garden as its more like a field with no fence between her neighbour, simply poles with rope. The rabbits have unlimited space, as the gardens border onto the bush and mountains.

Last edited:
ok, i might be quite wrong on this, but isn't breeding rabbits banned in some parts of australia? and if not, where on earth did i get that idea from?

ok, i might be quite wrong on this, but isn't breeding rabbits banned in some parts of australia? and if not, where on earth did i get that idea from?

Don't know of anywhere rabbit breeding is banned as such. However, it is still illegal to have a pet rabbit in Queensland unless you are a magician.:roll:

Asked my friend and she said you can for domestic but not sure about other circumstances. They are banned as pets in Queensland, thats all I know.

This neighbour, still here - had chickens and rabbits in his van together. Then one day let them all go. They don't know the circumstances or what he had them for. Sometimes its better not to know.

My friend had 2 rabbits years ago, one was 5 and the other was 2 when they got them. Friends that were moving. She had them for a few years before they both passed away. She has 2 cats now.

Isn't he gorgeous. He was at least 100 metres away and I was on a veranda so had to zoom in, not the best pics.

I saw him every morning. :love:

SAM_0028.jpg

SAM_0024.jpg

SAM_0023.jpg

Back