• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

That was too easy...!!

LainiT

Warren Scout
I have to give my bun 1ml Baytril for a suspected internal cyst or abscess in his eye. (anyone any experience of these btw?) But anyway, I've never syringed meds before so faffed round for ages last night coaxing him to eat it mashed in banana. Mostly successful but today bought Ribena and apple juice hoping to put meds in that if he'd drink it...but no, wouldn't go anywhere near.

So in desperation I wrapped it up in a couple of basil leaves ...he chomped em both straight down! I'm now suspicious that he's stashed it somewhere, done some major magic trick cos that was just a piece of cake!! yippee, basil is the way forward. Hope it does the job.

Last edited:
I found the same, and I'm sure it's not a magic trick. :D

I used to wrestle the poor buns into towels and force syringes into their mouths :( Basil is so so much better and less stressful for everyone. The buns even enjoy it!!

Hehe! Maybe I'm just being too suspicious of my bun, sure he's hidden it somewhere to dispose of later when I'm not watching! I'm mightily impressed...its the little things that mean the most sometimes I think!! :lol:

Back