• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

shes scoffing hay again :) p

lucy24

Mama Doe
honey was spayed on tuesday but isnt eaTING hay yet. just leaves brocoli coliflower banana and a few pellets. shes pooing and weeing though. so when shoul she be back to eating hay?

Last edited:
My girls were back eating hay almost immediately after being spayed. I don't have any advice or other thoughts unfortunately, but hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along soon!

well the last time she had pain relief was...wednesday at the vets. took her again on thurs and they were happy as long as shes eating something. shes quite perky but not sure what to do.:?

Keep an eye on her poos, what are they like?

She should be eating hay by now, it sounds like her gut has slowed down. A gut stimulant would be a good idea, although as its saturday I dont think it warrants an emergency vet just yet to get it. Personally I would be syringe feeding recovery food and fibreplex to give her the fibre she needs and hopefully get it moving a bit better, and also ringing the vet to find out the dosage of metacam to give her, as it may be because she's still in pain.

Can you cut some grass for her? This may tempt her.

her poos are dark and small:( shes been a complicated case as she had a nose procedure done at the same time and her bond has broken with charlie as he bit through her ear:shock:

she just took 2 syringes full of food so hopefully she'll be her usual hay eating self. if not by monday i'll go to my vet again.

she just took 2 syringes full of food so hopefully she'll be her usual hay eating self. if not by monday i'll go to my vet again.

Small, dark poos sounds like she's not eating hay. I agree another trip to the vets would be in order tomorrow. Hope she's ok :)

Good that she's eaten something, how is she today?

I'd get her back to the vet tomorrow for a gut stimulant, some fibreplex and some metacam to take home with you.

She may also be feeling rather sad because of the fight and then the op, but also because of her bond with the other bun being broken.

shes been eating some hay this evening.:) her poos seem bigger lol just keeping an eye. i think she does miss charlie even though he's right next door. shes been hopping about quite happily nudging me out the way:roll:

Back