• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Time is growing short for my little Freeda u/d iIt's time i think :(

HoppingBinky

Mama Doe
Some of you may remember a few weeks ago that i posted about her going in for her teeth removal and it turned out that her upper and lower jaw is full of abcesses.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ss-removal-u-d-not-good-news&highlight=Freeda

Well she is now slowly going off her food, sneezing alot and has a tiny amount of white discharge around her nose.:(. I took her to the vet yesturday as i thought she might have snuffles but the abcesses have grown in size and are presing on the tear ducts and nasel passage. She's still having lots of cuddles and fuss and is still breathing normally, the vet has warned me that it may only be a few days before i have to let her go:cry:.
I'm finding this incredibly hard as she's so loving and affectionate but i don't want her to be in pain.She is on Loxicom once a day, baytril twice a day and sptrin one a day. She only likes having the Loxicom and i don't want to force her to have the rest if she doesn't want it.
Some support would be much appriciated and a smooth passing for Freeda when the time comes.
Thank you everyone.
This is my special girl.xxx

Freeda2.jpg

Freeda4.jpg

Last edited:
Oh bless her little heart :( sounds like she has the same problem that took my bun when I was a kid, abscesses are evil things!

So sorry to hear this about such a lovely friendly bun. She is beautiful. I hope she has as little pain as possible.

So sorry about this.

Have you and your vet tried penicillin injections? I swear by them for jaw abscesses. It cured Grim of two back in 2009 and now Smoo seems to have recurring ones. She's been on injections since the beginning of the year and it's shrunk right down. It's would be worth a try with painkillers. :wave:

What a little sweetheart. So sorry she is so very poorly and hope that she isn't in pain.

What a beautiful wee bun. I'm sorry for such sad news and am keeping you both in my thoughts. ((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

So sorry about this.

Have you and your vet tried penicillin injections? I swear by them for jaw abscesses. It cured Grim of two back in 2009 and now Smoo seems to have recurring ones. She's been on injections since the beginning of the year and it's shrunk right down. It's would be worth a try with painkillers. :wave:

I read about this recently. It could be worth a try.

Sending Freeda lots of vibes and a noserub!

I desperately hope she has more time left that you're expecting and that she passes peacefully when the time does come. She's beautiful, I love her tufty chest! X

Aww being just a new wee newbie or 'young bun' I never saw the older post but seeing this has brought a tear to my eye! Hope bunny has a peaceful passing and isnt in too much pain send lots of 'claps and cuddles'

What a beautiful, gorgeous bunny :love: I hope she has a little longer with you and remains pain free. Thinking of you both and sending vibes xxxx

I have asked about the penicillin injections but the vet says there are two many of them and lots of complications with teeth age and general health. They said that they would have tried then if there was any hope. She's been having 6 weekly dentals, but the abcesses are also imbedded in the bone and she has around 13 of them they last counted on the xray:shock:.:cry:

I have asked about the penicillin injections but the vet says there are two many of them and lots of complications with teeth age and general health. They said that they would have tried then if there was any hope. She's been having 6 weekly dentals, but the abcesses are also imbedded in the bone and she has around 13 of them they last counted on the xray:shock:.:cry:

Poor wee Freeda. So very sad. :cry:

For such a lovely bun who's still lively and happy I would be thinking of getting a second opinion tho.

So sorry to hear this. :(
Sending her lost of hugs and nose rubs.

Back