• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our new little (slightly poorly) resident

CoffeePuffin

Warren Scout
So, my sister in law is due to give birth soon and decided she can't look after her outdoor rabbit anymore. The rabbits friend recently died from the cold, and she has given the rabbit to me to look after. I've moved her indoors because the hutch is too heavy for anyone to move, and the weather outside is in the minuses. She gave me her run and I have placed her in that for the time being.

She has a poorly eye, barely any fur on her nose and is very skinny. I'm going to get her healthy, get her a check up at the end of the month and have her spayed in the coming months, eventually pairing her with my neutured male.

Sorry about the poor quality, had to take on my phone as my dog ate my camera :evil:

418567_375560135792254_100000148136299_1651866_1740159955_n.jpg

396718_375560389125562_100000148136299_1651869_1480146619_n.jpg

aww she is cute. Could you not get her a check up before then? I know you said payday isn't until then etc. but could your sister pay for it?

Just incase the friend didn't die from the cold and it was something contagious. Keep her away from your bun for a while just incase.

aww she is cute. Could you not get her a check up before then? I know you said payday isn't until then etc. but could your sister pay for it?

Just incase the friend didn't die from the cold and it was something contagious. Keep her away from your bun for a while just incase.

She is away from my bun, and I am washing my hands thoroughly whenever I touch her or her things.

I could try and take her to the Blue Cross, see if they will see her, they may not though since I am now fully employed. See, I've just started my new job and whilst we have everything in that we need (all the rabbit food, hay, etc), we can't afford the vet til the end of the month. Once I start getting paid, we'll be fine every month. Just this month is a bit difficult. The sister in law hasn't got any money either.

At least the bun is getting properly looked after with me though.

shes lovely ... as her friend was a piggie Im pretty sure she will have died from cold ..not something contagious .

I advise keeping a check on her and keeping seperate from Gari for 2 weeks at least ..prefrebly 3 weeks .

good luck ... :wave:

please ring or text if you need any more advice .. :wave:

shes lovely ... as her friend was a piggie Im pretty sure she will have died from cold ..not something contagious .

I advise keeping a check on her and keeping seperate from Gari for 2 weeks at least ..prefrebly 3 weeks .

good luck ... :wave:

please ring or text if you need any more advice .. :wave:

Thanks Angie. Sorry I bombarded you with texts earlier!! :oops:

I think I'm going to keep her seperated from Gari (Link) til I have her checked over and vaccinated.

Thanks Angie. Sorry I bombarded you with texts earlier!! :oops:

I think I'm going to keep her seperated from Gari (Link) til I have her checked over and vaccinated.

Its not a problem ...honestly ... like to help if i can .. I usualy have spare cages too but all mine are lent out at the moment except the ones i use

Back