• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Check water bottles at least once a day!!!!

Peanut-Toffee

Warren Veteran
I have 2 bottles, inside a shed, with those 'Classic' covers over them which is supposed to stop the water freezing.....but the past 3 days the bottles have froze every morning!
I didnt think they would with those covers on so please just a reminder to always check them!

We have the wrap round cover (newton and scratch or whatever it is P@H do) and you can get a thick sock on the bottle underneath it. That appears to be ok (but the bowl freezes which they prefer) We change 3 times a day, first thing, teatime and last thing at night.

Mine have those covers, and are covered in the silver insulation material and don't tend to freeze. Strawbs will only use a bowl though and I can't get that to stop freezing.

I bought a bottle with the insulation cover this year but will they use it?!:evil: They just like their bowl. I change it on a regular basis - but it hasn't been bad this winter. The last 3 winters I was changing it loads.

Back