• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is it spring madness in buns yet?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i know ive found it affects does worse...even tho theyve been spayed.

bluebells hell..like shes going through puberty!! shes so territorial with it..berties hers all hers...the lounge is hers....and how dare i sit on the end of my daughters bed settee...bluebell chased me off it:shock:

shes always been a moody mare..made worse by her sisters untimely death.....then the cats and merlin....then just became more territorial...has gone through bouts of biting bertie for having anything to do with us..other buns or cats..and humping the poor old weak fella till he collapsed or couldnt breathe:(

now shes his protector...she has to sniff all his meds etc.....watch over me giving him his meds etc etc. she did it with the nurses when bertie was hospitalised last....even they were surprised..shed not been like that before.

lilys now not letting the cats on my bedroom floor...esp near her stuff or under my bed..her burrow;) but she gets up on the bed to see whos up here..leaves the cats sleeping..whereas bluebell will follow them and attack them wherever..has even tried the lounge windowsill but has got too big for that these days.

phoebe and merlin are ready to rebond but im going to mite and flea treat em first..but theyve fallen in love.....kissing sniffing and licking each other through the bars no matter which bun is on free range and which one is is in cage (theyre taking it in turns to get closer and used to sharing smells etc until they rebond)

so over aggressive territorial doe...territorial fruitloop doe......lovestruck doe......lovestruck buck....laid back love everyone buck........(i mean loves everyone in old bunny snuggles..not horny!!):lol:

the cold snaps just that but before it we had high temps...spring come early...is this to blame for spring fever/spring madness in our housebuns?:shock::oops::lol:

Alfie and Bubbles have been a bit friskier the last few weeks - I think the mild weather a couple of weeks back confused them. :lol:

With my two, it's mainly humping. :oops: But they also seem to binky and dash about a little more and I've also seen an increase in digging (although they haven't been able to do it the last couple of days because the ground's frozen solid :shock::lol:)

Definite spring madness here :wave: September now does 2-3 bunny 500's twice a day instead of the usual 1 :lol: Some serious binkies & 4ft leaping in the air, hand brake turns etc as well :lol:

Gemma is being even nortier (she chewed another internet cable yesterday, literally in seconds while I was feeding them).

Molly is livelier and is coming out of her hutch more, even though it is really cold here.

I can't imagine Bluebell being nippy but will give her a wide berth when I next visit. Glad Bertie is still being a gorgeous old cuddle bun. If Bluebell is giving Dylan too much of a hard time he can come home with me - what's another cat when I already have eight:shock:

Back