• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Its so cold!

chul

Staff member
I have two house bricks in my oven for the buns, deiced the water... packed everywhere full of hay... pigs have snuggle safe but still worried :(

I'm just about to go out and defrost water before I go to bed. Our bunnies seem to get snuggled into the enclosed sheltered places (Salt and Pepper in their hutch, Daisy-Boo and Pippin on top of theirs!), and I see the telltale little bunny bottom shaped holes where they've been snuggled in.
This weather really doesn't seem to bother them.

Thankfully the insulation in the shed is helping alot this winter :D so glad we got it, the temp outside here is -6 in the shed it is 0.5 - 1 degrees :D
The bottles haven't froze :D but the bowls froze a bit :( but the shed still feels warm, the bunnies are fine with the cold, just the piggies worry me, I feel their bed area full of straw and I put some straw in their hay oblong housey thing, I always check their feet and ears to make sure they are warm and they seem fine :)

I'm just not really looking foward to summer..... I don't know if the shed will heat up as it did before without the insulation, last year the shed got up to 30 degree's as its in full sunlight :cry: :evil: but the insulation is this special reflection stuff which apparently should keep it cool in the summer, hope so.. we are attaching runs to the shed so the buns can go in and out as they please, which will be great, the piggies will be put out in the morning in their run and I will have a carrier in their so they can go in and hide and keep warm etc :roll:

I suppose I could get a gazebo to try and shade the shed for the summer...... hmm :? :roll:

it was -8 when I went out to Joey this worning, frozen water bowl and frosty cold bun ears :cry: he's now thawing out on his snuggle pad that I've just reheated for him :D :love:

-6 here this morning but Oscar doesn't seem phased at all he's just annoyed that he got locked on the shed last night because it was so cold. It's forecast snow here today too.

Back