• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today we took 13 rabbits into care :( uD post 66 :)

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...ng-rescue-help-as-I-can-t-manage-a-big-rescue

17 rabbits were living in these four hutches:
DSCN0485.jpg

DSCN0484.jpg

Meet this little guy who is now here with me
VICKY014.jpg

VICKY010.jpg

DSCN0490-1.jpg

Me and Vicky (x-vic-x) went to sex all the babies and take 2 bunnies after offering to help Tree, but when we got there, there was no way we could leave the others. Luckily we had taken carriers in the car just incase, in situations like this, you have to remove all the rabbits and think where to put them afterwards. We knew Tree could take 2, and another lady could take 2, and we came home with 13. We had 3 females with babies (7 babies in total) and 3 adult males.

The lady was burning scented incense sticks in the brick built shed the rabbits were living in :cry: I bet they could barely breathe.

This little adult male has lived his life in the carrier which can be seen in the photo above
VICKY007.jpg

This little girl (one of the mummys who had a litter) is probably in the best condition out of them all:
VICKY002.jpg

All the rabbits were taken straight to the vets today for a full health check. The 3 females are all booked in for emergency spays and the one male (photo above) is in for treatment on Monday, where he will hopefully be neutered whilst he is under. A few of them have runny eyes, and a few need dentals, which are booked in for this week too. These bunnies are all now with me, Vicky and Kirsty. We will update the thread over the next few days with photos of all the rabbits.

We are now over run with rabbits. We desperately need to find homes for the rabbits we have ready to leave us. If you are looking to adopt a rabbit please consider one of our bunnies www.rspca-walsall.org.uk. We do rehome nationally :) If you would like to make a donation to our branch to help towards the care these bunnies will need you can donate to us via paypal via enquiries@rspca-walsall.org.uk.

Last edited:
That poor little boy's face just makes me want to cry. :cry::cry: I'm so glad that they're now safe and can get the care and love they deserve.

It's heartbreaking to see.

I'm thinking of Tinky's early life when I look at that and imagining their misery .:cry::cry::cry:

Thank you for getting them out of there :love::love:

Edit to add: Do they seem like they've been handled or are they all scared?

It was so bad, the two I've got here don't seem so bad to be handled, will be able to interact with them a bit more tomorrow. Thanks to Becky and Vicky for the help xxxxxxxxxx

Well done to all involved in rescuing these poor rabbits. :wave:

That poor little lad's face. :cry: I'm so glad that they are all now safe.

I can't help with offering a home, but I'm always up for assisting with bunny runs if needed.

The best I could do to help would be foster if that can be arranged. I don't really have any spare money. :?

OMG... shocking .....I'm stunned. Please put pics up of the ones who have been rescued. One looks very much like one of the foster buns I have. So sorry to read about these poor little souls. :cry:

OMG !

A very big Thank you for getting them out of there.

It really turned my stomach to see those horrid hutches, and the travel box the poor male was living in!
How some people keep their 'caged' animal, is beyond my believe.

Now they have a new start to live life

Last edited:
Thank goodness they are out of there. Well done and good luck getting them up to full health and rehomed.

Back