• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What day do you do Full clean out for the Bunnies? ( Poll)

what day do you clean out your bunnies (full clean) ?

• Monday

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Sunday

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Random day

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
I only do a full clean every month or so. Litter tray every day or every other day. Sweep the main part of the hutch when needed. Hoover the carpet in the bed section when needed and wash the fleeces. Then every now and then I scrub the lino in the main part. But I don't often do it all at once. :wave:

wheres everyday :oops: i e litter trays, however frexh towels, as thats what they have in crate twice a week, as they use litter tray to do their business

Last edited:
I completely clean all indoor buns daily, and sweep out runs and do litter trays outside daily, but do a complete clean outside, removing everything on a Thursday :D

every day

If all my buns were indoors I would do them every day too :D All our indoor buns are done daily. But it would be impossible to do outside every day, some of our sheds have half a bale of hay in them every clean out. Which means I would get through 15 bales a week :shock: :lol::lol:

Every other day, but for me it just involves 2 litter trays and 2 water bowls. I sweep up twice a day, sometimes more if theyve decided to drag their hay around :roll:

Our bunnies are outside in a shed with an open hutch inside it. the hutch is properly cleaned and sprayed with pet spray every weekend, generally sunday. It is checked daily because Ozzie likes to 'wet the bed':evil:

The shed floor, litter tray and food bowl are sorted daily.

At the moment, it is on the day the cleaner comes in. I dismantle the pen before she arrives, Ada goes in her carrier and then I put stuff back up in the clean kitchen.
Before last month - and again once I have moved and I hope to manage without a cleaner - weekends.

I do trays 2-4 times a week, sweep up every day, wash blankets, rugs and floor as and when they need it, and do a full on scrubby clean out whenever I think it's been a while. :oops:

Im currently cleaning buzzbys house completely every other day, and a clear up of wees and poos daily. I was monitoring his poos closely for stress first couple of days after i moved him but he's been absolutely great. In summer its likely he will have mastered his litter tray again and it will be daily cleanouts and thorough scrubbing as Im paranoid about flies. I am a little OTT though and my piggles cage gets scrubbed and thoroughly cleaned every other cleanout so about twice a week. My ratties get daily thorough scrub clean.

Im currently cleaning buzzbys house completely every other day, and a clear up of wees and poos daily. I was monitoring his poos closely for stress first couple of days after i moved him but he's been absolutely great. In summer its likely he will have mastered his litter tray again and it will be daily cleanouts and thorough scrubbing as Im paranoid about flies. I am a little OTT though and my piggles cage gets scrubbed and thoroughly cleaned every other cleanout so about twice a week. My ratties get daily thorough scrub clean.

with my piggies, I clean up all the poo and wee every 2 -3 days and clean bed and everything and spray it with pet disinfectant every week :) But they are still young and their poo's are tiny which is good at the moment as don't need a lot of cleaning :D :lol:

Back