• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how cold is too cold?

clarebear

Mama Doe
Worried about Bramble and Bungee being outside when it's so cold. What temp is too cold for bunnies to be outside?

Spenser was outside in even colder temps December 2010, and OK. I was really worried about him, and sometimes got up in the middle of the night to change his water and reheat his snugglesafe. Your two have the advantage of each other for snuggling.

What sort of set-up do they have? I'm sure it is very good, but their might be further insulation methods we could suggest.

It depends on the set-up really. We have has minus 10 here, but mine are in a shed and have had heat pads put in as well.

Bramble and Bungee have a two storey hutch with run attached. We cover the run with a tarpalin, and the upstairs of the hutch has a plastic cover over the front. They have a wooden box inside their bedroom, which is filled with hay and has a snuggle pad in it too.

Bramble and Bungee have a two storey hutch with run attached. We cover the run with a tarpalin, and the upstairs of the hutch has a plastic cover over the front. They have a wooden box inside their bedroom, which is filled with hay and has a snuggle pad in it too.

They sounds very well looked after. :thumb: Do they still have access to the run on cold nights? I think some folk are inclined to shut their buns in the hutch on the very cold nights as an extra precaution.

hunny try not to worry too much, theyre surprisingly good at keeping themselves warm! <3
Bungee has Ruby And Jays Genes, shes a tough nut:lol:
you could do as i do and put a duvet under the tarpaulin?:thumb:

They sounds very well looked after. :thumb: Do they still have access to the run on cold nights? I think some folk are inclined to shut their buns in the hutch on the very cold nights as an extra precaution.

Thank you Susie :wave: I can't actually shut the hutch off as it is open to the run at the bottom.....if you get what I mean.. they will probably sit in the run all night :roll:

hunny try not to worry too much, theyre surprisingly good at keeping themselves warm! <3
Bungee has Ruby And Jays Genes, shes a tough nut:lol:
you could do as i do and put a duvet under the tarpaulin?:thumb:

Thank you! :wave: They were all snuggled up together earlier :love:

Back