• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When Two Rabbits Have an Exceptionally Close Bond.............

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
............ do you all too often think of the unthinkable.................... :cry:

I try not to, but sometimes I fail

001-12.jpg

002-10.jpg

006-7.jpg

007-6.jpg

008-6.jpg

014-7.jpg

Beautiful pictures. And yes, I do think about it - especially with Flora and Parsnip now aged nearly 9 (brother and sister) who have never been apart. They're devoted to each other. I dread the day :cry:.

Yep, with Salt and Pepper, who are brothers and never been apart. They're 8 this year. I try not to think about it and think instead about the wonderful relationship they have enjoyed for so long.

Absolutely. I know there are arguments for easier monitoring of health in pairs and many buns will only tolerate being in a pair. Having seen how desolate Floppy was when he lost Sonic and then how well he accepted Mittens and Starfish passing makes me try for a trio. Hopefully then onpy one is lost and can i can then bond another. But this is only my very personal thinking, not a proven theory.

With those two, their bond is so close i could imagine one being so heartbroken if the other goes that they would not manage to live without them. Bit like the old married couples where one is so heartbroken their heart just seems to give up.

*shivers* Hope its not an issue you need to face with them for a long time!

They are lovely photos Jane. I think the pink sets off the gorgeous colour coats to the max!

I also worry about the day 'the time comes' in fact I am facing this with one of my poorly pairs as we speak. I don't know what I am going to do because I expect the one that will be left behind first is a blind rabbit who adores his partner. She is very ill at the moment with neuro issues and I already thought she was leaving last weekend.

Don't know how much longer before I have to work out what to do with the widower.:(

I dread that day too especially for my elderly couple. They have had about 9 years together and I don't think I could introduce a new partner for the one left behind. I think what I would maybe do is take the bun who was left behind indoors to live so he/she has human company 24/7 until their time comes too.
I do worry sometimes about Mona who will be 10 this year as she is noticeably slowing down and I'm scared she does not have long :( She has had such a good life though which is comforting.

How old is your gorgeous pair? They look like they could be made of the softest clouds :love:

I've had one pine before now. They were brothers and had been together 13 years. I got the surviving bun a female but a month later he passed in his sleep.:cry:

Back