• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fudge isnt well :( ud SHES HOME :)

FudgeMallow

Mama Doe
Been a wee while since ive been on here! I cant get on all the time which is rubbish cause ive been wanting to know how Falcon is and if he managed to get down south? Will have a wee search after this :)

Well I could do with some vibes for Fudge, im not sure if shes going to pull through this time :cry: I have a horrible gut feeling about her this time :cry:

She ate her breakfast on tuesday morning and once i got home she wouldnt eat, so i gave her her meds and took her to the vets wed morning! It was the same as her usual dental signs so the vet had a look said her teeth dont look good and admitted her for a dental!

I picked her up at 6.15 and the vet said she hadnt eaten yet but she felt fudge would be better at home and if she hasnt eaten in 24hrs to bring her back in to be syringe fed!
SO got home let her settle and after 4 hrs she was still the same! I gave her her heat pad to keep warm and thought she might be more perky in the morning, but shes still the same!

Ive given her the meds i was told to give metacam and zantac and ive syringed her warm water with avipro in it! If theres no improvement by 12 i will take her in but im hoping with RU vibes she will be back on her feet by then :)

Last night her tummy was making rumbling noises, not gassy noises but hungry noises and it stopped after i gave her some water! She also tried to eat when i brought her home but had a nibble and went to lie down! Same with the water she had a little lick but stopped!

The root under her jaw on the right has pushed through alot more so im not sure if its the pain causing her to be like this or something else!

Any suggestions?
After her dental the vet gave her metacam, the gut stimulant (meta-something :roll:) and baytril?? and she always has sticky eyes when she gets home but i noticed some white gunky come out the side of her eye! Not much but a little white blob that was very sticky!

Shes still moving about fine but cant keep a heat in her and just wants to cuddle up :cry:

I dont want to have to say my goodbyes so any spare vibes more than appreciated for my baby girl! And i hope shes better by 12 or its back to the vets again :(
xxx

Last edited:
Really hope Fudge improves :(

I don't have any advice really though, just sending my thoughts and get well soon wishes

So sorry Fudge isn't well :( I do hope she improves and is ok.

Hope the updates on Falcon will cheer you up, he seems to be having a great time :love:

I have just been through this with Nia - she didn't start to eat by herself after the dental she had last Friday.

She came home on Monday in case the sress factor at being hospitalised was affecting her but it made no difference. She wanted too eat, showed interest in food and treats but wouldn't actually take anything in her mouth.

I do not know whether she has root problems but was starting to fear this maybe the case. But in case her mouth was still tender I have been giving her a little more than the maximum dose of metacam alongside syringe feeding her.

Thankfully, yesterday she started to eat again and touchwood she is getting back to normal.

Is Fudge still on the metacam? 'Maybe' she needs painkillers for a little longer.

I hope Fudge starts to pick up soon, I know what you are going through, such a worry xx

I have just been through this with Nia - she didn't start to eat by herself after the dental she had last Friday.

She came home on Monday in case the sress factor at being hospitalised was affecting her but it made no difference. She wanted too eat, showed interest in food and treats but wouldn't actually take anything in her mouth.

I do not know whether she has root problems but was starting to fear this maybe the case. But in case her mouth was still tender I have been giving her a little more than the maximum dose of metacam alongside syringe feeding her.

Thankfully, yesterday she started to eat again and touchwood she is getting back to normal.

Is Fudge still on the metacam? 'Maybe' she needs painkillers for a little longer.

I hope Fudge starts to pick up soon, I know what you are going through, such a worry xx

Hi,

Yeh thats exactly what fudge is like! She is wanting to eat but isnt taking the food in her mouth! I was pestering her with a bit of her fav dried herbs and she did seem interested and nibbled it but stopped :(

Shes still on metacam the max dose for her is 0.6ml twice a day! I have fears about syringe feeding incase of a blockage! Her brother died due to a blockage (After his surgery) So i have fears the same thing will happen to her :cry:

Ive sat crying all morning incase ive to say my goodbyes later :cry:

We have the vets at 4 with a better vet than yesterday so i hope she will feel for a blockage and be able to rule that out! And if i have to syringe feed i would rather her be at home for me to do it incase she doesnt make it, Blackie her brother passed away in the vets alone and scared and i do not want that happening to fudge!

Ive got my mind set on the worst! Never been this bad with fudge before so i feel its going to end badly :cry::cry: Just dont feel ready to lose my baby girl :cry:

Ive syringed some more water and a little nettle and fennel tea! She is taking it fine but she wont drink from her bottle!

Is there anything else she should be getting that i can mention to the vets? I want to make sure she is getting what she needs!
Should i ask for fibreplex?
And if it is a blockage what are my options? (Blackie was in for surgery straight away as it was so severe and he hadnt eaten in a week!)
Can a blockage be resolved with meds?

thanks everyone xxx

I really hope the vet is able to offer something positive. I'll be working later, but will check when I can to see if there is an option.

Perhaps if you posted a thread also in health you might get some more experienced replies to your blockage questions.

Sending lots of vibes. xxx

Can you get hold of any Oxbow Critical Care fine blend? It smells nicer and is a nice smooth texture.

I find that this is a lot easier to syringe as it does not get clogged up, in fact my dental bun tends to either lap it off a spoon or will take it out of the syringe himself (when he is ready to eat!). It can be made quite watery if you are worried about a blockage. I won't be without CC in my first aid box now.

The vets can normally do a conscious x-ray to check for blockages if you are worried. Sending Fudge lots of get well vibes x

Just went to check on her and right away she seemed slightly better, She perked up when i open her cage and leaned forward to sniff me which she hasnt done the past 2 days :)
She took water from her syringe too with any problems (earlier i had to hold her to administer it) and she has nibbled more of her dried herbs! Not loads but the most food shes eaten in days :)

Hoping this is a good sign and that she continues to improve!

With her last lot of water i did give her some nettle and fennel tea and gripe water and now her tummy is making gurgling noises and shes eaten so im wondering if its trapped gas? Although her tummy wasnt extended or hard!

Just glad its my day off work so i can be here to nurse her!

RU vibes are the best :love:

Keep improving Fudgie, mummy loves you lots xxxx

I am glad that Fudge seems to be improving. Maybe like Nia her mouth was still a little tender and she has to realise that she can eat again without it hurting. Keep up with her fave foods - Nia started with her fave dried herbs and I chopped up veg into small pieces and strips. I was syringe feeding her baby food with Fibreplex mixed in with it up til last night.

Her poos are not great yet - teeny tiny but hopefully these will improve as she takes in more hay.

Nomming vibes being sent to Fudge xx

Update

Earlier I changed my appointment til tomorrow as she was eating more and seemed brighter but the past hour or so she has went downhill again!

She is sitting in the corner not looking too happy so ive got another appointment at 5.15! When i was giving her water (had to hold her again) I noticed her left eye is cloudy!??!

This is the eye she was sitting with close last night and seems to be sitting with it closed again! Its the same eye that had some white discharge from last night! Although ive not seen any since then!!

Anyone know what could be wrong with her eye?

Im dreading it being an abcess or something :cry:

Earlier I changed my appointment til tomorrow as she was eating more and seemed brighter but the past hour or so she has went downhill again!

She is sitting in the corner not looking too happy so ive got another appointment at 5.15! When i was giving her water (had to hold her again) I noticed her left eye is cloudy!??!

This is the eye she was sitting with close last night and seems to be sitting with it closed again! Its the same eye that had some white discharge from last night! Although ive not seen any since then!!

Anyone know what could be wrong with her eye?

Im dreading it being an abcess or something :cry:

Maybe a corneal ulcer ??

Jane your right she has an ulcer on her eye :cry:
And the vet is keeping her in to syringe feed and give fluids, so lost without her here already, i know its best for her but i just want her home :cry::cry:

The vet did feel for a blockage as i mentioned that blackie died of this and i was worried and she had a good feel and said she couldnt feel anything abnormal which is a relief!

I wonder whats wrong with her, really really worried about my baby so any more vibes are very very much appreciated!

Just hoping and praying my baby comes back to me feeling better :cry:

Back