• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I'm going to bring the rabbits back in.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
They're outside for Grim's health as the central heating really affected him last year. He's been amazing outside but there are a few reasons I would like them back in.

They would permanently have access to a lot more space
Giving medication would be easier
I have to bring Grim in for some medication which moves him from the cold to hot to cold, which isn't good for him
I would be able to give them more attention (this is a bit of a selfish reason - outside it is awkward to get to the hutch, inside I can lie down on the floor with them on their level)
Smoo and SPG (hamster) have already destroyed my bedroom carpet so that would have to be replaced anyway, so I don't really care about more damage.
The summer heat affects Grim and I could put the air con in there.

Possible cons:
It might affect Grim's health, but we don't have the heating on any more, just a portable heater.
The window is low down so I can't really open it unless I'm in there.

Good luck, sounds like a good idea. If your place is anything like ours, its freezing inside anyway. Even James was worried it was too cold inside for the bunnies:shock: The hallway converter heater is broken and the back bedroom heater cable was chewed by Mr Bennett.

The chins have the best room.

Chinnies ate the storage heater cable in that room. :shock: :lol:
I think I've lost my deposit unless I do some serious DIY. :lol:

Chinnies ate the storage heater cable in that room. :shock: :lol:
I think I've lost my deposit unless I do some serious DIY. :lol:

:shock: Oh no. Sounds like Mr Bennett x 2.

The chins have been pretty good, as we now keep everything away from their hutch and keep the hallway clear when they have a run. They have had a bit of chewing on a vintage bureau. All their covers on the hutch are ruined. Must have gone through about 6 or 7.

Stupid me put one of my lovely double layered zebra print throws over the hutch. Its full of holes. :lol:

Chinnies will find a way to get to anything. :lol:

Having second thoughts about the buns. I've just put them away for the night and they're so happy and doing so well. They have unlimited pellets which Grim is eating but Smoo is choosing to eat hay. They got excited when I put the heat pads in. Perhaps I'm being selfish wanting them in?

Have to think about it. :D

Chinnies will find a way to get to anything. :lol:

Having second thoughts about the buns. I've just put them away for the night and they're so happy and doing so well. They have unlimited pellets which Grim is eating but Smoo is choosing to eat hay. They got excited when I put the heat pads in. Perhaps I'm being selfish wanting them in?

Have to think about it. :D

Its never easy to make a big decision. Before you know it, I will hear they are sleeping on the bed. ;)

Back