• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blood in urine - what does it look like?

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
I know I've asked this before, I didn't want to bump my old topic to try to get more replies, but what would blood in urine look like in a bunny? I'm panicking right now because Bella just did a massive red wee that had a shockingly dark colour, she often has dark wee anyhow but this looked very dark :O And shes not spayed so obviously I'm fearing the worst :cry: please help!

I dont know what blood would look like, but has she eaten anything different like dandelion?

Blood in urine is normally in small clots and easily recognisable. I normally think if you are unsure then it isn't :D Put some kitchen roll in it, that will tell you

I dont know what blood would look like, but has she eaten anything different like dandelion?

No. She had a bit of carrot yesterday which they don't usually have, but could that still be affecting her 20 hours later?

I just went downstairs and she has pee'd on the floor again, but this time it had absolutely no colour at all (fairly certain it was her as Boris is about 98% litter trained these days). Surely if it was blood it wouldn't be clear like that all of a sudden?

I just wish I could get her spayed soon so I wouldn't have to worry about this all the time :(

No. She had a bit of carrot yesterday which they don't usually have, but could that still be affecting her 20 hours later?

I just went downstairs and she has pee'd on the floor again, but this time it had absolutely no colour at all (fairly certain it was her as Boris is about 98% litter trained these days). Surely if it was blood it wouldn't be clear like that all of a sudden?

I just wish I could get her spayed soon so I wouldn't have to worry about this all the time :(

I don't know if this is a comfort or not :? We have dealt with numerous uterine cancer cases and only one of them presented with blood in their urine. All the other times we have seen blood it has been due to an infection and easily rectified :D

I don't know if this is a comfort or not :? We have dealt with numerous uterine cancer cases and only one of them presented with blood in their urine. All the other times we have seen blood it has been due to an infection and easily rectified :D

Really? I thought that was a fairly common symptom? :shock: Does that mean that uterine cancer has no typical symptoms at all? :cry: I'm gonna get even more paranoid now, I'm already watching her like a hawk, poor thing...:(

I guess I just have to check her pee more frequently the next couple of days to determine if there really IS blood in there (which I don't know right now), in which case it could be an infection..? How are these infections normally treated, with antibiotics etc.?

Really? I thought that was a fairly common symptom? :shock: Does that mean that uterine cancer has no typical symptoms at all? :cry: I'm gonna get even more paranoid now, I'm already watching her like a hawk, poor thing...:(

I guess I just have to check her pee more frequently the next couple of days to determine if there really IS blood in there (which I don't know right now), in which case it could be an infection..? How are these infections normally treated, with antibiotics etc.?

Sorry didn;t mean to worry you more :( but no it doesn't tend to have any symptoms especially in the early stages. But then if you catch it early it is easily treated when they are spayed.

If its an infection then a course of septrin normally clears it up :D

Sorry didn;t mean to worry you more :( but no it doesn't tend to have any symptoms especially in the early stages. But then if you catch it early it is easily treated when they are spayed.

If its an infection then a course of septrin normally clears it up :D

It's ok, thanks for letting me know anyway! I just always thought of blood in the urine as the one symptom one could always count on when it comes to uterine cancer...which was obviously very naive of me. It sounds so strange now. But just can't bear the thought of her possibly having it already and me not knowing until it's too late :( (which is why spaying is the best thing both for her and for me, but none of my local vets are competent enough to perform the op :()

Oh Septrin...she loves that stuff :lol: Boris had that for his snuffles and Bella would always smell it on my hands and go nuts :lol: I wouldn't have a problem getting that into her, that's for sure!

Gonna keep a close eye on her now, thanks for all the info xxx

With Winnie is was obvious it was blood, fairly dark, loads of different sized puddles all round the shed.. No blood underneath, or anywhere on her body. Turned out she had cancer.

Back