• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do your buns shake their heads before they run?

Vita

Mama Doe
Totally inconsequential, just curious.

Often Ada is in her pen when I come into the kitchen. As soon as she sees me, she quickly shakes her head once or twice - a lot like Muppets do when they move - and runs full speed towards me. It's absolutely delightful :love:

The head-shake was unexpected when I first saw it. Do all bunnies do it or is this a personal mannerism of hers?

Last edited:
Only when they're excited and totally comfortable with you. eg when treats are about to be dished out. They don't do it before normal exercise running.

I call them head binkies :D

We call them that too! :love:

Biscuit is forever head binkying, normally, just randomly out of the blue!! :love:

Ginger does it, then goes flying off into a bunny 500, normally involving running into, and landing flat against a door :roll: :lol:

Daisy does it every morning as her food bowl is arriving, she can barely contain her excitement as she goes around in circles shaking her head :lol: :love:

When Poppy is being lazy she will head binky :lol: and then have a mad moment :) But Leo hasn't got the hang of binkies yet :( so he head binkies all the time really :) a bit less now after his stroke but he tries :D

yes mine do this as well.. very cute :love:

i was nearly late for work yesterday because all 3 were doing that then running about like crazy.. the girls were on a mad one while Bud just kept 'spooking' uo into the air and running in mad little circles with his tail so high it could have reached his ears!

Oliver often does this before he starts to run -haven't noticed the girls doing it. It's really cute :love:

Back