• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not Drinking

Stumpy

Alpha Buck
Hello RU

I need some help from you all please… Whisky still isn’t drinking. So Sunday night we moved her into her new home the converted shed. She has been eating like normal and she is pooing and weeing and seems fine in herself running around and playing but she isn’t drinking.

Since Sunday I haven’t seen her drink anything and her bottle in still full. I have been changing it everyday still and making sure its clean water and not frozen but she isn’t drinking it and im starting to worry about her.

I even tried her the other night with a bowl off water but nothing she didn’t want it :(

Can anyone suggest what I can do for her?

Is she getting water from elsewhere.....leafy veg, grass etc? Just thinking that she might not be needing the drink so much?

I know that if my two have had a lot of veg then they don't seem to drink as much.

I have heard of people putting some pure apple juice in the water to help taste it, you could try that?

When Spenser had a lot of veg I hardly ever saw him drink. It worried me a lot at first, but if she is eating, weeing and pooping fine I don't think you need to worry.

Is her wee clear or sort of cloudy or thick? One of my buns never drinks enough water and gets thick white urine so they have a separate bowl with a splash of apple juice. That way her urine is perfect.

Dad phoned the vet and they have said that its rather normal for rabbits not to drink during the cold winter. they prefer to take the water from veg they eat so im all happy again as everything is fine with my little girl xxx

Back