• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Six Hours of CONSTANT..............

I only wish mine thumped at the foxes! Instead they seem to pay no attention AT ALL t the unearthly cries coming from just 50m away - and positively sit and wave at any fox stupid enough to come onto the lawn (before encountering the electric fence ;) ).

Oh gosh, I cant imagine the noise, one thumping bunny frustrates me (mainly because I can never work out why).

Hope they are all feeling better soon.

Just off to post some Morse Cards to the neighbours to apologise for all the noise which must have kept them awake. Not funny when they have to go to work today, I feel really bad about it but there was nothing I could do to stop the thumping. Every time it stopped for a minute one Bun would do 'one more thump' and it was like a domino effect setting off the rest of them. Even Harry was at it and he only has one back leg !!

Jeepers! I bet your whole house shakes with your lot! :shock:

Hope Jo feels better soon.

Aww, poor Jo. I hope she's better soon. I think it's probably quieter to take up playing the drums. But don't tell the buns as you don't want to wake up to 30 little drum kits!

there's nothing you can do about it either is there? Mine were thumping madly on Sunday night and I checked on them but couldn't find anything. The next day my neighbour said that her dog hadn't settled either, so we wondered if there was a possible intruder trying doors to see if any were unlocked and may have tried the shed door. Thank goodness it is locked. I didn't used to have a lockable door. I felt awful too and I only have 3. Have never seen foxes here thankfully........

there's nothing you can do about it either is there? Mine were thumping madly on Sunday night and I checked on them but couldn't find anything. The next day my neighbour said that her dog hadn't settled either, so we wondered if there was a possible intruder trying doors to see if any were unlocked and may have tried the shed door. Thank goodness it is locked. I didn't used to have a lockable door. I felt awful too and I only have 3. Have never seen foxes here thankfully........

Sadly the first time you see a Fox can be the last time you see your Rabbit :cry:

I am sure that your Rabbits have a very secure set-up. But I dont want anyone else to assume that 'never seeing a Fox' means that they are not there.

I'm sorry it has all made Jo poorly, and of course unpleasant for all the rabbits to be spooked. I've never seen a fox here, but something Spenser at 3am on Monday and he woke me up with a mighty thump. There were two more thumps at intervals, but not consistent thumping and of course I only have one rabbit. I hate to think of him being so frightened for no obvious cause as I can't really do anything to comfort him.

Sadly the first time you see a Fox can be the last time you see your Rabbit :cry:

I am sure that your Rabbits have a very secure set-up. But I dont want anyone else to assume that 'never seeing a Fox' means that they are not there.

Jane - they are in a secure locked shed with mesh under their run until I can get it slabbed (hopefully this year). But you could be right - it could actually have been a 4 legged intruder :shock:. I have a big board behind the gate as Spice had nibbled the edges of the gate until the gap was just big enough for her to squeeze through, and I was puzzling why it hadn't been moved. If it was a fox rather than a human, that would explain it. Do foxes leave any signs/clues that they've been around?

Jane - they are in a secure locked shed with mesh under their run until I can get it slabbed (hopefully this year). But you could be right - it could actually have been a 4 legged intruder :shock:. I have a big board behind the gate as Spice had nibbled the edges of the gate until the gap was just big enough for her to squeeze through, and I was puzzling why it hadn't been moved. If it was a fox rather than a human, that would explain it. Do foxes leave any signs/clues that they've been around?

Fox poo sometimes, especially when establishing territory. There can also be signs of digging around plant pots, base of fences,sheds etc.

Back