• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutered Bun Pees Everywhere..

Bellikinz

Warren Scout
Theo went in for his surgery last Thursday and it went splendidly. He always pooped everywhere, which so far hasn't stopped. It's only been a week or so now, so when should I expect a change in his behavior?
Also, when will it be safe to bond him with my spayed female?

I don't recall him doing this prior to the operation, but now whenever you pick him up (which he absolutely hates) he'll pee. A trickle here and there. Or if I try to look at his incision, he struggles and pees everywhere. This seems like a new habit almost... He pees on himself, the hardwood floor, blankets, everywhere! I'm worried to keep him upstairs where I initially planned to house him, on carpet, if he is going to do this.

Could it be because he's alarmed or is it because of the surgery?
Please help, thanks : )

He almost sounds incontinent. Its quite normal for neutered or not long neutered boys to spray for a while but after a neuter it should die down. the fact that you say this occurred post neuter is a concern so I would take him back to the vet for a check up. Once he is given the all clear I would wait a week or so more before attempting to bond as hormones can take a wee while to die down after a neuter.

No I'm quite certain he has control over it. After he struggles in my arms from being held, he'll hop off and go pee on the floor a foot away or right on my lap.
Fingers crossed he learns to pee only in his tray...

Back