• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My rabbit is Mental!

4piggiepigs

Warren Scout
Finally got Damian neutered yesterday (after a course of baytril for suspected snuffles) and he was eating and drinking fine yesterdaybut looked sorry for himself didnt sit down properly (or thats how he looked) he still not putting his bits down on the floor but he is a loony tonight digging my bed biting my quilt running round and binky-ing like crazy, If i didnt know better id say the vets gave him a few spare pairs rather than taking them away!

I'm pretty sure from memory that it after a neuter it can take a while afterwards for the behaviour to change. At least he is binkying so that shows he is happy and not in pain.

Fiver was the same. Tried to confine him but that didn't work so he was racing around the room with me trying to stop him. :roll: Idiot.

Thank you, they never said at vets and tbh i dont even know if anything will change all that much except today hes been more biting and digging things he had previosly circled but no real hormonal behaviour, he is only 5months so i dont think hormones had kicked in fully. I am happy to see him binkying tho i was soo worried all day yesterday

Well only change in Fiver was that he stopped following me, grunting and trying to hump my slippers. That took a few weeks to stop though. He's 4 1/2 now and still digs, scrabbles, growls and charges at me :roll:

he don't bite tho does he lol, im a wimp i am my guinea pigs have bit me but only warning when treating them, Damian didnt bite or growl or anything the whole time i gave him baytril and still came for cuddles (after i put the syringe away) he has always been lovely really

He has started nipping me recently but I think it's because he's bored/frustrated. He lost his girl a few months ago and isn't doing so well on his own... hopefully that will all change soon providing everything goes well :shock:

He never used to "attack" me but he does now. I think he is just rather territorial. It's mainly his litter tray and my bed he does it over :roll:

damian does take an interest when i clean his cage out but not aggressivley he jumps all over me and in the cage and sniffs everything as i put it back in lol, i put fleece blankets in his cat cube that he likes to dig with, he circles me in the mornings when i go make a cuppa and licks my bare feet but thats about all he does...... so far

Fiver circles me and always has done. It's just a "happy dance" to see you haha. Only when he was younger did he do his "grunting" which was his "Your mine!" grunt :lol:

When I had Ellie I used to have them both circling and weaving in and out of my legs every time I walked in my bedroom! Was fun attempting to walk especially when Ellie was crossed with a french lop or something! :shock:

Back